New trailer- floor treatment

A place to talk about decoy trailer setups and ideas.

New trailer- floor treatment

Postby DCronk » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:28 pm

Hey guys, just picked up a new 6x12 enclosed trailer. I was wondering if you guys put anything on the floor to help preserve it? I was thinking of possibly doing a type of bedliner or Herculiner on the floor not only to protect it from gouges, but also to add traction being that it's pretty gritty. Also thought it might help with moisture because I'm assuming the floor will get wet a lot. It's a 3/4 inch plywood floor and the underside has been treated, but I do not believe the inside has. Just looking to preserve the life of this thing. Thanks.
DCronk
hunter

Re: New trailer- floor treatment

Postby Sprigs&specks » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:27 pm

I just put herculiner on my trailer floor. It turned out really well, it took 2 gallons to put 2 coats on my 16'. It looks really good, I just hope it will hold up.
Sprigs&specks
hunter

Postby DCronk » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:09 pm

Yea I think it has a better chance of holding up than anything else. I Herculined the interior of my jeep wrangler last year and the stuff is great. I just wasn't sure how it would adhere to wood or if there was an obvious problem to doing this that I was missing.
DCronk
hunter

Postby platinumwindow99 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:23 am

Two coats of thompson water seal because we get alot of water and snow in side with the four wheeler, wet blinds ,wet decoys and alot of muddy boots....
platinumwindow99
hunter

Postby AIR TRAFFIC CONTROLLER » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:18 pm

Just finished mine with waterproofing sealer let it dry for 3 days and put 2 coats of the RESTORE deck paint the one at Home depo on the floor and 2 foot up the sides looks great, but holding up not sure yet only time will tell..
Im the real EASTWOOD
AIR TRAFFIC CONTROLLER
hunter

Postby Poodle Huntr » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:27 pm

restor deck paint is the way to go.....holding up really well so far!
Poodle Huntr
hunter

Postby Black Smoke » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:35 am

Linex
Black Smoke
hunter

Postby MuddyWaders » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:28 am

Air Traffic Controller I just did the same thing to my trailer using the same products. I used almost a whole gallon of Thompsons Water Sealer and let it dry for a couple of weeks. Then I added the same paint as you did. We shall see but I think It will hold up well. You may have to repaint it in a couple of years, but what the heck, the combination of a water sealer and a deck paint one would think you have given the floor adequate protection. Good Luck.
Happy Hunting,
MuddyWaders
In the eyes of a tyrant the patriot is a terrorist...
We need to vote politicians who bribe voters out of office...
The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory.. Aldo Gucci
MuddyWaders
hunter

Postby AIR TRAFFIC CONTROLLER » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:49 am

Mine held up threw the early goose season, except for the where the walls meet the floor it cracked a little bit, but thats from running on chopped up fields and that was a givin it was going to happen. That stuff wasn't meant to flex at all. The main floor is still looking great and should hold up...I like the stuff...Good luck this season and be safe... :thumbsup:
Im the real EASTWOOD
AIR TRAFFIC CONTROLLER
hunter

Return to Decoy Trailer Forum