Rocky Boots Company=Bad Product and Customer Service

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Rocky Boots Company=Bad Product and Customer Service

Postby Franchi » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:16 pm

My wife purchased me a pair of the 1200 gram Buckstalker rubber boots last christmas. I wore them for the first time this past july due to water we had from a hurricane here in North Carolina. I then put them away until I broke them out the opening day of deer season which was this past Saturday. Note this was the second time they had ever been worn. When I returned I noticed a big crack along the seam of the top of one of the boots. I thought well no problem I will just return them to where my wife purchased them. When I returned I found out the store in which these were purchased had went out of bussiness with Rocky and they told me to deal with the factory and the gave me the number and were very cooperative, so I called Rocky....This is where it gets very unpleasent. I told them my story and the said there was nothing they could do for me. I talked with supervisors and everything. They also told me to never call them back on this matter and it was just my loss. I really do'nt see how they could do this when they advertise a one year warranty. Makes me sick to remember the way they talked to me.

WORD TO THE WISE>>>NEVER BUY ROCKY BOOTS>>>>THEY SUCK AS A COMPANY AND AS A BOOT AND ARE WAY OVER PRICED.

Please let all your hunting buddies know this so they do not end up like me.
Get Down ! Get Down ! Here they come.
Franchi
Account Suspended for brand name useage

Postby Penguine » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:37 pm

Still got your receipt? That would be proof of when you bought them.

That sucks though. To bad the company they were originally bought from is no longer in business with Rocky. I had a similiar experience with holy waders. I took em back to Scheels and they gave me a new pair.

Good luck man.
Penguine
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:06 pm

this really surprises me. rocky boots are the only kind i have worn over the last 15+ years and have had a problem with 2 pair (of maybe 25 pairs). both were replaced, post haste. i can't imagine them telling you that...(not saying they didn't). if they advertise a 1 year warranty, they HAVE to honor it if it is a true manufacturer's defect. i would pursue it to whatever end necessary.
Talk 'em into givin' up!

It's easier to get forgiveness than it is permission!
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby 98ramtough » Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:19 pm

I have heard many people upset with rocky lately..
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby Franchi » Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:24 pm

My wife ended up throwing the sales reciept away....but I have the box and the boots are brand new...I mean what do they think I did cut them or something....I have been on the phone with them 3 times already and they told me this after they said they would call me back with a solution to this mess. I ended having to calll them back after they did not return a phone call thats when they told me not to call them back ect....

You would think a company would not let a hundred dollar pair of boots give them such an image.

I know why I like Lacrosse so much now....Blows them away by far.
Franchi

Postby Penguine » Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:44 pm

Go buy the same boot from a different store, stick your holey boot in the box and return em. I know, that's bad, but if you feel like your getting shafted it would get you a new pair of boots.

Then, if you still have the old box, wait a week and take them back to the store without your reciept and get a refund on them. Again I know, "You should not do that" but I am willing to bet that a store like Cabelas or Scheels or what not has no issue returning a defective product to the manufatcurer.
Penguine
hunter

Postby cinrds » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:15 pm

That sucks. :thumbsdown:
You can call the BBB in your area and file a complaint Also leave info on their web site onthe contact us (if they have it0. Also find out who the top dog is and write a letter. (It may or may not make it to he/she but it might get a reply.)

Out of the people who hunt that I know I am the only one who wears Irish Setters and I love them, if you still need new boots.
cinrds
hunter

Postby ActionPoint » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:53 pm

Rocky has been going down hill for quite a few years now. Every pair of Rocky boots I have owned have leaked. The first time I thought it was just a fluke and I got a bad pair, the second time I was PO'd and they replaced them with another pair that leaked. I've never had a problem with any other product that was made with Gore-tex. I see posts like this one at a lot of different sites, they are really putting out a less than top quality product and they are disappointing and upsetting alot of people.
ActionPoint
Banned

Postby bubba1 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:14 pm

For my two cent, I would right a letter to the company president. Heck I would even print out this thread and include it. Write the letter as positive as possible. Saying flat out your product stinks isn't going to help matters, give him/her a chance to save face.

When I have a problem with something I talk with the store/branch manager once, if I am not satisfied, I write the president. The only time I haven't been satified with their response is with Kohls, and they can kiss my, well anyways, I am not going back there ever again.

I did this once with Allen Edmunds. The president called me several time and went way out of his way to fix the situation. For eleven years, they are the only dress shoes I wear and will ever wear.

Good Luck

Bubba1
There is room for all of God's creatures, right next to the potatos and gravy.
bubba1
hunter

Postby cmelik10 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:54 am

This really suprises me with Rocky. I had my rocky wildcats for the better part of twelve years and they finally wore out. So I called the company to see if I could get a new pair from the(pay for them of course) because I haven't seen them sold anywhere anymore. They told me to send the boots to them and they would send me a new pair. No questions asked. This was three months ago. It seems very odd that they are treating you like this. I wish you the best of luck with this situation. If you can't get anywhere with them you can always take them to Cabelas and return them. I had a buddy that brought his boots back that he bought many many years prior that he wore shingling roofs. There was not much left to them and Cabelas replaced them for him.

Scott
cmelik10
hunter

Postby yellodog1 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:12 pm

The agency I work for gets Rocky boots to outfit the troops. I have a pair that I got and paid top dollar for (actually the agency did), About $130. The toe on one of the boots separated roughly after 1 month of wearing them. This wasnt in harsh conditions, however they said there was nothing they could do. I own a pair of Chippewa's that I bought 6 years ago, and they are still in great shape despite the number of years that Ive used them hunting and working. I wont buy Rocky boots again.
yellodog1
State Moderator

Postby goosehunter64 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:06 am

Man.....that sux YD.I bought a pair last year and they still look as good as new. Have worn them in the woods, muddy fields, marshes, and the like.
They seem to be holding up very well. Maybe I just got lucky.....and maybe, or maybe not....that I might buy another pair. If that is how their customer service works......probably not :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
Rob.
Team WingLock
Lock'em "N" Rock'em
goosehunter64
hunter

Postby Admin2 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:18 pm

As a matter of going up the cahin of command, always try the store first, then calling the CS dept of the CO. (This has been done). Next is call the BBB and file a complaint, you can also do it over the internet. If I remember right, you file it in the state they are located. Include all details as to what transpired. State they are not honoring their warranty. You can also write the Pres of the CO as mentioned above. Next is to file a lawsuit in snmall claims court.

Remember to run the gauntlet of each phase of pursuit first, then go to the next level if still unstatisfied. (EG, don't do all avenues at once)

Also, some CC COs have automatic extended/full warranties--check with the CC CO if it applies, as you may be able to get your $ back through them. Additionally, you can ask them (CC CO) to reimburse your account due to fradulent warranty, thus they dealt it a bad faith transaction. It may do work but again it may.

The above course of action applies to any problems with any products.

The Deputy riding shotgun
Admin2
hunter

Location: lurking around the corner keeping an eye out for trouble makers

Postby Franchi » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:43 am

I just want to say Bass Pro Shops is the bomb. I got my situation all taken care of. I just am wearing Red Heads now instead of Rockys. They took my return back though I did not even purchase them there. They said they were a dealer of Rocky and that Rocky would not have a problem with the return.Though I did not tell them I had talked with Rocky they just sent me a shipping label paid and then sent me a pair of Red Head 1200 rubber boots due to the fact these boots were on the verge of being outdated and they did not have my size and could not get anymore so they said they would just send me Red Head if that was OK...I said sure and I got them and they seem to be an even better boot than the Rockys..though that is not hard...I will let yall know how they treat me this season.

I finally got lucky with something....LOL

Thanks for all the responses guys I appreciate it.
Franchi

Postby mud duck » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:16 am

good to hear that Bass Pro stepped up. I buy stuff from them and Cabela's when ever I can. I'll heed your warning on the Rocky's however and make sure not to buy them in the future.
mud duck
hunter

Postby Ducksbeus » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:05 am

Glad things worked out...I own a pair of Redhead knee boots, and, have been very satisfied :yes: :yes: :yes: When I have problems with customer satisfaction like that....I sick my wife on em :cool: :cool: :cool:
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Ducksbeus
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:15 pm

That dissapoints me, my dad bought a pair of Rocky boots a couple years ago and they are still holding up great. Glad you got a return on them! :thumbsup:
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby marcbme » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:18 pm

Ducksbeus wrote:Glad things worked out...I own a pair of Redhead knee boots, and, have been very satisfied :yes: :yes: :yes: When I have problems with customer satisfaction like that....I sick my wife on em :cool: :cool: :cool:

You siced your wife on 'em!!!......thats downright cruel man!
Lord......let me be as good a hunter as my dog thinks I am....amen
marcbme
hunter

Postby Franchi » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:59 am

Speaking of sicking the wife on them....she is the one that got the Bass Pro Shop return deal done..... :toofunny:

It really is nice to have so much built up emotion on hand... :thumbsup:
Franchi

Postby gmcbiker » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:20 pm

[The agency I work for gets Rocky boots to outfit the troops. ]

Sorry, but this worries me. My son is in the Marines and I sure don't want him wearing some peice of cr*p while on patrol.
:pissed:
Hope someone straightens Rocky out! By the way, are they made in the US or are they shipping them in from Indonesia/China? That could be a major problem. Let's outfit our troops in good old "Made in the USA!"

[/quote]
Semper Fi
gmcbiker
hunter

Postby boykinhntr » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:02 pm

WOW!!! I have heard the exact same story from several different people. Customer service can make a company or sink it. Sorry to here about another Rocky case.
boykinhntr
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum