Camo for flip gates

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Camo for flip gates

Postby BPduckman » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:24 pm

Let start by saying I do not like flip gates on blinds but when guys will not keep there heads down well ..........

I am looking for some ideas other that fast grass to put on them any ideas would be appreciated
BPduckman
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:10 am

We use some of that camo pattern mesh screen and let it hang straight down from the front end of the roof, rather than the hinged front flap. The thing I like about this approach is you can look straight at the ducks and enjoy the show from “behind the curtain.” When the moment arrives, you just step forward and take your shots. We cut several slits from top to bottom to make the transition from spectator to participant as easy as possible.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby DUKHTR » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:51 am

good concept Rat.....another option might be broom grass (they even make synthetic broom panels these days).........the top piece is along the roof and the bottom is along the front top of the blind or pit....they are separated by about eight inches for view......as you stand to shoot they separate on their own as you come up through the grass
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Hunting Gear Forum