GPS users

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

GPS users

Postby shrpshtr » Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:06 pm

hey all,

i currently use a magellan gold gps and love everything about it. however, i am looking for a way to "record" a map using the GPS. what i mean is, actually plot a route with the unit then save that route to a document on a computer/laptop to be able to print. from what magellan tells me, the unit i have isn't capable of this. does anyone out there know how i can accomplish this? thanks in advance...

shrp
Talk 'em into givin' up!

It's easier to get forgiveness than it is permission!
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby terryg » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:36 pm

get a unit that has a usb conection. yours does not have it.

that is why they said your unit does not have that capability.
terryg
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:47 pm

shrp.... we are both in the same boat. I cant figure out half the things my GPS is capable of :oops: So Im gunna order this video made by the company... It will be well worth it to me rather than not be able to fully use mine. Mabey they have one fer yer model too :smile:

Best of luck,
-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby duckboy_390 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:07 pm

The only way I know how to do stuff like that is with a GIS program called ArcView.
Cut that Sucka'-Phil R.
duckboy_390
hunter

Postby choclab » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:58 pm

I got a one of the new rhinos for my b-day this year (lucky huh?) and it has a 2 way radio, cookie trails, friend finder, usb ports, well.....just too much stuff to mention. I load stuff from the cpu all the time. I am not sure about uploading to a pc though. My brothers in law have them also. If they traveled a certain path they can send the same path to my unit. Thing is slick. Look at a rhino maybe. You'll like it
"The rich....who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, are the real enemies of game". Teddy Roosevelt
choclab
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:22 pm

choclab wrote:I got a one of the new rhinos for my b-day this year (lucky huh?) and it has a 2 way radio, cookie trails, friend finder, usb ports, well.....just too much stuff to mention. I load stuff from the cpu all the time. I am not sure about uploading to a pc though. My brothers in law have them also. If they traveled a certain path they can send the same path to my unit. Thing is slick. Look at a rhino maybe. You'll like it

Thats what I have... and cant figger it out bymyself... :yes:

Im gittn that video :getdown:
-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:08 am

terryg, mine has a serial connection and i have it working on my laptop. i just can't find a way to save a particular route on my laptop and upload/download it to and from the GPS.

duckboy, do you have any more information on ArcView?
Talk 'em into givin' up!

shrpshtr
hunter

Postby hm_palmer » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:20 am

I record routs with my magellan when I go fishing I save my whole trip and I put waypoints whereever I land a fish.
hm_palmer
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:04 am

hm_palmer wrote:I record routs with my magellan when I go fishing I save my whole trip and I put waypoints whereever I land a fish.

can you upload that to a pc/laptop?
Talk 'em into givin' up!

shrpshtr
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum