Waders with built-in zipper . . . ??

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Waders with built-in zipper . . . ??

Postby ralphtt » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:52 pm

I notice Hodgeman has a set of waders on the market with a built-in zipper. Wonder how reliable this arrangement would be? Any problem with zipper leaks? Seems that it would be difficult to build a zipper that would zip and still keep water out . . . ??

Sure offers some advantages tho . . . especially for us coffee drinkers! :thumbsup:

Any other companies offer waders with zippers?
Ralph
Patron Member NRA
ralphtt
hunter

Postby Sorensen » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:55 pm

Cabelas also makes waders with zippers. Not real sure how that works either. But how about you buy a pair and let us all know :toofunny:!
Sorensen
hunter

Postby Fredito » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:08 pm

Just make sure that the first time you try them out that its in chest deep water in 10 degree weather....But in all seriousness...the way that I look at it, its just one more thing to worry about leaking....Im sure they are waterproof, but if you want them to help you cool off on warm days, which I could see as a benifit...just roll your waders down and use yoru suspenders as a belt....my other concern would me with waders without zippers, if they leak you can usally patch them...I have no idea how you would fix a leaky zipper
Fredito
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:05 pm

:withstupid:
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby gunman » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:00 am

I've heard of many people complaining about them leaking after they get used some. Basicly sounds like the zipper wears and looses its ability to stay water proof.
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.
--------------------
Hunters are alot like Birdwatchers. Only after watching while, we start shooting!
gunman
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum