Help finding 4 in 1

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Help finding 4 in 1

Postby kaydenmom » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:22 pm

Okay, clueless female here, I need help finding a 4 in 1 wader coat. Apparently, Drake Waterfowl is the preferred, because it isn't as noisy as others? How does this compare to other 4 in 1's, and where can I find the best price? If I get him something else, is it comparable to getting me a generic handbag instead of a designer one because it's cheaper, and he thinks it looks the same? :mrgreen: Any help is appreciated, and if I screw this up, I'll end up with electronics for christmas, instead of jewelry :thumbsdown: Thanks!!
kaydenmom
Newb

Postby Smackaduck » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:04 pm

COLUMBIA. I have always said columbia is the way to go. They are waterproof and have a silent fabric if noise is an issue.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby cast-n-blast » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:56 pm

Do it right the first time! Get him the Drake 4-in-1. You wouldn't want cubic zirconia for X-MAS, would you? :eek:
"Hippies...They're everywhere. They wanna save the earth, but all they do is smoke pot and smell bad."

"If God didn't want us to shoot animals...then why'd he make 'em out of meat?"
cast-n-blast
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:19 pm

Welcome!!

Glad you came here! If you want oppinions, you certainly came to the right place :mrgreen:

Just make shure it is the good "water proof" material. I have a columbia, but dont think it makes that big of a deal for a coat. Oh, there is one thing you need to consider. "Parkas" are warmer of the coats. "Jackets" dont have as much of the insulation.... just a thought.

Also, look at his other gear or ask one of his buddies... but make shure you get the camo pattern he likes. While it may all "look the same"... every duck hunter is partial to his own pattern.

Well Good Luck!!!

And rember, just keep the recept if something goes wrong :salude:
-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:51 pm

If I could afford Drake clothes, I would get them. They are designed specifically for waterfowling only. I have tried Drake 4 in 1's on and they are sweet. Some of the little design features they put on them are awesome.

Unfortunately, I'm on a college kids budget, and I have to settle for what I can afford. :thumbsdown:
gsphunter
hunter

Postby Butchhe » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:38 am

I got my Drake 4-1 last year for Christmas and I love it :thumbsup: It is warm, quiet, and has awsome features. You'll be the envy of all your friends!
Butchhe
hunter

Postby boykinhntr » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:04 pm

Anything that says Gore-tex!!! It is the only material that I have found to be completely waterproof. Many others claim to be but gore-tex has proven itself!
boykinhntr
hunter

Postby KpHonknImRloadn » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:14 pm

Drake isn't that high priced. i have the wader tec fleece 1/4zip jacket. it was like 100 bucks and it is the nicest jacket i have ever had. i dont think you could go wrong with any drake jackets.
KpHonknImRloadn
hunter

Postby mmalino » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:25 pm

i'd go with Drake personally, but you cannot go wrong with Columbia either......either way he will be happy at x-mas :yes: :yes: i know i would be
Team Rainmakers
"We supply eBay with the bands you buy"

Go White Sox!!...hell with baseball its football season
mmalino
hunter

Postby tstrong » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:19 pm

Drake - Herter's - Columbia - Cabela's - all have something - but if you want the diamond earings BLING BLING - go Browning Duck Commander. The harder it rains the funner it gets - I don't stop hunting until shoot time is over!
tstrong
hunter

Postby JoeP » Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:51 pm

woops, I missed this one before I started a new post about the herters jacket I got. I just got the Herters Fowltech jacket. Tested it out in 40 degree, windy, and raining steady. No problems and very happy with it.
Bring on the weather! :thumbsup:

JoeP
JoeP
State Moderator

Postby Gooseboy » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:29 pm

I DREAM ABOUT THE DRAKE! but i dont have enought money. :oops:
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Return to Hunting Gear Forum