grass mats?

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

grass mats?

Postby redneck23ms » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:41 pm

who makes the best grass mats for a boat blind? and where is the cheapest place to get them. nobody sells them in my area that i know of
shoot them in the face, they may be wearing body armor
redneck23ms
hunter

Postby Admin2 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:40 am

Fast Grass brand is the original makers of them, there are others too now. I suggest you check the bigger catalog sales such as Cabelas, Macks, Bass Pro, etc... or go on line and check them out.

The Deputy riding shotgun
Admin2
hunter

Location: lurking around the corner keeping an eye out for trouble makers

Postby Mallard Machine » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:38 pm

We bought a boat blind from cabela's and we used the Northen Flight Camo Grass and it looks amazing!! I absolutely love it
doesn't look like much when ya first get it but when it get weathered a little bit man does it look GOOD!!
shot a pile of ducks this year using the boat blind this year 2
was an expensive purchase $1000 dollar but with all the rain we've had this year theres been days we wouldn't of been able to hunt without it so it paid for it self already

good luck with the boat blind
Mallard Machine
hunter

Postby donell67 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:26 pm

i like the fastgrass mats best. i think there cheapest at knutsons.com
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby gsphunter » Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:50 am

I bought Northern Flight Marsh Grass for my blind that I built. Like Mallard Machine said, it looks awesome when it gets a little weahtered. I got mine for $30 a pack at Bass Pro when it was on sale. A pack has 4 4'x5' sheets in it.

I am interested to see how durable the stuff is though. Right now, I really don't expect to get much more than a season out of it.
gsphunter
hunter

Postby Mallard Machine » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:48 am

GPS HUNTER! I know a guy that sprayed his down with a cheap water sealant and keeps it covered most of the time and he's got 2 seasons out of it now and counting Pretty strong stuff!!! I love the looks of it 2!!
Maybe something to try!!
Mallard Machine
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:17 pm

I thought about spraying it down. I still might and it stays in my garage all the time, so it may last longer.
gsphunter
hunter

Postby Webfoot12 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:56 pm

I'm starting my second season with the grass you guys are talking about. Most of the mats are still in very good shap. The ones that take a beating are the ones on the edges of the blind as we drape them over the corners it roughs them up a little. We rotated the mats that were a little worn and put the better ones on the corners this year. I'm waiting for a couple to just fall apart. It has not happened yet. :smile:

We use 8-10 mats on our blind. I suspect we'll have to replace 2-4 of them at the end of this year.
Rest in peace my friend... Mocha- Jan 20th, 2001-Feb 1st, 2009.
Webfoot12
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum