Duck Hunting Forum banner

More Wader Help

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  98ramtough 
#1 ·
Well, the season has begun and I am still looking for that perfect set of waders. I am also a "larger waterfowler" and often sweat with the neoprene waders I have. I am looking for a nice, big, breathable, durable set of Max 4 waders. The problem is I hunt usually in the snow and ice water but still have to hike in. Therefore I have a hard time not being unconfortable and always the wrong temperature. Any help or advice of comfortable waders?

#2 ·
Get some Under Armour, or some other type of base layer that will wick (sp?) the sweat away. I've got UA and the Drake Waterfowl stuff, both are FANTASTIC stuff. I think silk will do it too?

Just think, with the silk you will feel 'special' all day. The UA is tight fitting and you'll look and feel like an NFL linebacker! Both of those are jsut a bonus. I promise they'll give you a whole new outlook when gearing up on cold days. Fewer layers will equate to the outer layers being more comfortable.

:thumbsup:

#3 ·
I really don't like being in my waders all day, so I usally put them in the top of a decoy bag or just carry them in another bag. I am 6 4'' 285lbs and my neopremes do OK, but I only wear them when I set the dekes out, and when I pick them up, even then sometimes I use a string and weight to pull the dekes in.

Let me know how those breateables work. I have three pairs for fishing and they are comfy all day long. Get a set of gortex breathables, you will love them!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.