KAYAK, CANOE, PIROGUE, JON BOAT...

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

KAYAK, CANOE, PIROGUE, JON BOAT...

Postby teal_tormentor » Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:28 pm

Hey fellas...

It feels like a morning in the marsh with no birds flyin around and we're just lookin up at the empty sky around here. What's everybodys favorite tactic to hunt ducks? Besides just being where the ducks want to be, that's a no brainer... Jon boat in open water, kayak in a marsh, pirogue on a stream, layout on the bay, doritos tied to a string in the park? My favorite these days (due to my age) is in fields. I don't have to get my feet or hands wet and most of the time I hunt the later part of the day and late afternoon they're coming in for supper.
Take a youngster hunting today instead of taking him to rehab tomorrow.
teal_tormentor
hunter

Postby 98ramtough » Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:09 pm

doritos tied to a string in the park... I am still laughing over that one!

I have to say my favorite is in a blind, on land hunting over decoys, watchin the dogs work the water on retrieves... I enjoy watching dogs work as much as shooting ducks.
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby NESoDak » Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:13 pm

I do most of my hunting in fields at the same time as hunting geese. However, I am doing more and more hunting over water in small ponds and sloughs and am enjoying it more and more all the time. I think it has something to do with the quality of my calling improving but for whatever reason I enjoy it well enough to plan on a canoe for hunting ducks next year. Yeah, I am already planning next year's duck hunting budget .... sick ain't it? :help:
"If you don't think too good ... Don't think too much." Ted Williams
NESoDak
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum