Znapz rock

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Znapz rock

Postby 10 ga. » Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:09 am

Any one tried Znapz ,I just got mine the ad is true I set 65 decoys and then brought them back in in just over 8 minutes. I know duck season hasnt startedhere yet but once I put them on my decoys I couldnt stand it I hooked on to the boat and away I went. Ill say this much that I will never set decoys any other way I dont think you could tangle these things if youd try. Any one else try these if so I would like to see how you use them I dont think its possible but there might be a faster way than the way I rigged them.
10 ga.
DHC Sponsor

Postby birdgunner04 » Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:49 am

I dont remember who I told to find them on ebay but I bought mine last year they are a godsend
to all I toast (More ducks and better #$&%@)
birdgunner04
hunter

Postby SteveInTN » Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:32 am

What are y'all talking about? ZNAPZ??

:help:
"I'll start spending less time with my dog and more with my wife when she starts fetching ducks for me"
SteveInTN
hunter

Postby birdgunner04 » Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:23 am

yep a guy from Long beacg WA sells them
birdgunner04
hunter

Postby 10 ga. » Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:08 pm

What nobody else hunts with these .all but you bird gunner, they don't know what thieir missing.
10 ga.
DHC Sponsor

Postby SteveInTN » Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:38 pm

What are they? PLEASE!!!
"I'll start spending less time with my dog and more with my wife when she starts fetching ducks for me"
SteveInTN
hunter

Postby jmike » Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:43 pm

OK GUYS GIVE IT UP WHAT THE HECK ARE THEY AND HOW DO THEY WORK .................WHATS THE GUYS NAME AND # IN LONGBEACH , WE HAVE A PLACE THERE , ILL BE GOING DOWN ON OCT 22 - 24 ..........JMIKE
dont shoot till there feet are down
jmike
hunter

Postby shoalwatersam » Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:26 pm

I agree with you birdgunner, znapz are a godsend..for you other guys I bought them from his website at www.znapz.com.
shoalwatersam
Newb

Postby birdgunner04 » Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:34 pm

OK! they are big stainless snaps with a loop of heavy cord and some vinyl tubing. You loop the cord through a hole in deke andpull the snap back through the loop and tighten. take a spool of no-tangle(works best in my trials)hook a weight to one end and pull it out or if in a boat drop weight over and move away now just start clipping snaps on line. you can use both hands and go like mad. squeeze snap put it against line and pull back. (like they attached the fish hooks on the movie The Perfect Storm) You can weight the other end if you want. use several weights on snapz of their own and use in the middle of your main line and you can make your spread look any way you want with 1 line in minutes.
birdgunner04
hunter

Postby 10 ga. » Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:16 am

Hey they even got better I discovered you cad clip all of your dacoys together instead of using decoy bags this is to cool me and my hunting partner can carry six or sevn dozen in one big ppile instead of 3 decoy bags I likeit. still my question is how does every body else use these do you use a spool or what I am building oneyhinking about hooking it to my cordless drill yhat might make it even faster.hell this year no more sitting in the wrong blind wachen the birds fly by some one else cause I don't want to spend 2 hours moving now I can just jerk in mu decoys off to another spot I go I CAN"T WAIT
10 ga.
DHC Sponsor

Postby 10 ga. » Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:52 pm

Got to use my dekes this week end and evary thing worked as good as it possibly could. opening mourning birds were every where but over my dekes, so just as predicted I moved my decoys and boat across the lake in probably 15 minutes and I put my self reight in the birds ,limited out in about 30 minutes after the move. Im telling you with my old spread I probably wouldnt have moved cause it would have taken about an hour I didnt even have to pull all my dekes in I towed about 30 dekes behind the boat and just dropped them where I wanted them. These made my first hunt a total success.
10 ga.
DHC Sponsor

Postby 10 ga. » Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:48 pm

After a season of hunting I must say I don't have to get up nearly as early.Worked the kinks out of the system and added 2 dozen dekes to my spread. Any more decoys and Ill either have to get a smaller dog or a bigger boat.As befor any body else tried these.
10 ga.
DHC Sponsor

Postby ACEBLDRS » Wed May 04, 2005 10:53 pm

I just found this post. I am very interested in the znaps system. I don't hunt in very deep water usually. Most of my hunting is in a refuge in about 18" to 3" of water . some of the ponds are as deep as 6'. would this system work in shallow water? Would i buy the 6" znaps? How do you wind your main line up?
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

Die' en ain't much of a livin' son.
ACEBLDRS
Spoon Bill hunter extraordinaire

Return to Hunting Gear Forum