How much for the duck ?

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

How much for the duck ?

Postby 10 ga. » Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:04 pm

just curios what a duck was worth. I personally yhink thier worth about $50 apiece, I come up wiyh number by dividing the amount of money I spend by the number of ducks I shoot. Was wondering how much every one elses duck cost.
10 ga.
DHC Sponsor

Postby jmike » Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:40 pm

I DONT EVEN WANT TO THINK ABOUT IT , IF MY WIFE EVER THOUGHT THAT WAY I WOULD BE DEAD..............NOE IF YOUR NAME IS ANY INDACATION OF COST MAYBE YOU SHOULD TRY USING A 20 OR 16 GAUGE GUN , THAT WOULD SURLEY HELP TO LOWER YOUR COST ........JMIKE
dont shoot till there feet are down
jmike
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:02 am

Never really thought about putting a price on a duck. I give them away if I don't want them. I give them to my neighbors or someone I know.
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby Admin2 » Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:28 am

FYI the Feds and most states have "restitution value" for fowl and other spiecies.
It is sused to determine the value in cases of poachers/violators who were caught breaking the law. This is in addition to the fines for the vilolation and possible jail time.
Sorry but I am not sure what $ value it is though. It is based on a number of things, but what you spend as a hunter is not part of it though....

The Deputy riding shotgun
Admin2
hunter

Location: lurking around the corner keeping an eye out for trouble makers

Postby donell67 » Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:48 pm

i only got 15 ducks last year.in everything that involves duck hunting .mine probly were $100 each.my wife would have a fit if she thought of it like that too.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby donell67 » Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:52 pm

jmike the price would probly go up because he would get less ducks if he used a 20 or a 16. :toofunny:
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ol' yeller » Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:53 am

I made the mistake of figuring that out 3 seasons ago during one of our bad years. BIG MISTAKE!!! :eek:

yeller
ol' yeller
hunter

Postby teal_tormentor » Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:23 am

Hmmm....tough question. Alot of magic associated with duck hunting, 10 minutes before shooting time with a cup of thermos coffee, whistling wings in the pre-dawn gray above you, illuminated by those first rays of golden sunlight. A high flight of mallards breaking up and losing altitude at your call. A long run uplake in a small, open boat in 17f temperature against a stiff northwest wind that puts a chop in the water. Getting out of a warm bed at 2 or 3am on a bone-chillingly morning to stumble about a dark house trying to assemble all the gear you should have gotten together the night before. The price on a duck I bag would be...priceless!
Take a youngster hunting today instead of taking him to rehab tomorrow.
teal_tormentor
hunter

Postby GADKHNTR » Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:36 pm

STOP THAT. You're getting me antsy and I can't go till Thanksgiving!
GADKHNTR
hunter

Postby DuckPlayer » Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:21 pm

Somethings wrong here I looked it up and your right on the money 10GA in Nebraska the valuation is 50$ a duck so don't feel bad or tell your spouse. PLEASE don't tell mine she sell off all my gear while I was at work. Stop thinking of gettin cheap gear too.hahaha
Some days you do everything right and don,t bag a thing , Some days you do everything wrong and still get LUCKY !!!
DuckPlayer
Pro Hunter

Postby Fatweed » Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:30 pm

yeah..??? but add that up to the price of a wife... and see whats better..???? LOL....
Fatweed
hunter

Postby birdgunner04 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:08 am

I figure everything added together a limit is about the same as my Dodge ram HAHA
to all I toast (More ducks and better #$&%@)
birdgunner04
hunter

Postby Hawk » Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:06 am

Can't put a price on fun! love it to much too even think about prices.
If the wife nags too much I just open the closet and point to the shoes... :laughing:
Butt- Belly- Beak- Boom
Hawk
hunter

think of this...

Postby redeyed » Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:06 am

It cost around a hundred bucks a day to ski, Most people don't tag a deer each year and the price of that has got to be worse, Fishing could cost allot too I spent upwards of fifteen bucks on a lure that could be stripped off my line by the very first fish...not to mention decent poles and a boat.
Now... lets talk perms and bingo or shoes and panties.. needing to use the nice car because the old one isn't nice enough (although I'd rather use the old one cause I don't have to worry about the mud) well my point is basically it's a trade..or at least I can argue it as a trade! lol
The rest of the year I'm low maintanance! I mow the lawn! dam it! lol
honestly right or wrong....I've have no worries... my wife hunts ducks with me!
do you walk to work or do you take your lunch?
redeyed
hunter

Don't even think about it!

Postby HENDU3270 » Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:57 pm

I don't want to even think about putting a price on a ducks worth. Not to mention if our wifes ever got their hands on that information our time spent chasing them and/or our marriages would definetly suffer.
Fishing was invented to pass the time between Duck Seasons....either duck hunt or get outa my boat!!
HENDU3270
Forum & State Moderator

Postby O_E_J » Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:50 pm

Being this is my first year of waterfowling my ducks have been very pricey so far! Luckily my wife enjoys seeing me happy and does not try to compete.
OEJ
O_E_J
hunter

Postby Franchi » Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:49 pm

Well purchased alot of new gear last year, so about $100 per duck. I also tournament king mackerel fish so duck hgunting is just a speck. My wife hardley knows I bought all the new gear though... :getdown: I would hate to come home if she knew...I told her it was things I had already had before we were married.... :salude:

My fish in tournaments would blow your mind....but thankfully i made @ 15 grand this past year and I'm still in the hole.... :cool:
Get Down ! Get Down ! Here they come.
Franchi
Account Suspended for brand name useage

priceless

Postby MOBOTTOMBOY » Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:55 pm

as the old saying goes "if you have to ask the price you probley can't afford it"

Frank
MOBOTTOMBOY
hunter

the prize of my ducks

Postby bill 1965 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:35 am

Well lets see 2 years ago my wife came to me and told me that every year i go duck hunting for 3 months and she feels left out.I felt bad about that and told her i didnt want to make her feel that way and if she was missing some thing by all means she should go out and fins some one who doesnt hunt ducks well she did.So besides the 1400dollar shot gun the 6000 dollar dog training equipment for the dog the 150bucks in amo a year the 200 grand in bags waders flashlights well u know the rest it also cost me 40 grand in cash 20 grand in lawyer fees,but even after all that ive got to say its cheap prize when u sit in the blind early in the morniing see that green head on the horizon hes headed your way u blow the call he locks up his wings comes right over your head his head held high checken out your spread and the best place to sit down u stand up shot and drop him the dogs out of the blind now and u watch this awesome hunting machine swim out to the bird pick it up and bring it back .the dog shakes looks at u like hes happy he brought u out on the hunt for the morning nothing like it so i guese what im saying is the monitary prize is nothing compared to the reward of all that especialy if u can share that with your sons or a friend and no bitching wife wating at home ready to jump on u when u get home a litle late from the parking lot call me lets hunt lol
bill 1965
hunter

Postby donell67 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:25 am

my wife doesnt have a problem with my hunting. sometimes she even goes early season when its still warm. she got me all kinds of hunting stuff for christmas this year cant wait to see what all i got.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:31 am

Duck prices $50, $75, $100+

Boat prices $4,000, $6,000, $8,000+

Dog prices $400, $800, $1200+

Being in the outdoors enjoying friendship and nature. PRICELESS :thumbsup:
Everyone must believe in something and I believe I'll go hunting. When men bond something must die.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby huntmq1 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:09 pm

I don't know, don't want to know, how much a duck/goose costs me every year. My smarter half, she, sure as heck doesn't want, need, to know! But, when I hunt with my buddy Mike, every time I shoot I yell out "theres .60 cents", it's always good for a few laughs. I told my buddies that when the ducks/geese fly into range I was going to start throwing change into the air at 'em. Why even bring a gun?
:salude:
huntmq1
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum