Pull Sled

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Pull Sled

Postby kcduckslayer » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:50 pm

Are those Pull sleds that you put your gear in hard to pull over grass and dirt?
kcduckslayer
hunter

Postby ACEBLDRS » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:51 pm

I have mine on a cart that i use to pull down leavies until i get to the hunting spot. Then I pull it over grass, dirt and through tullies and over the water.

depending on the amount of gear that you have, it pulls very easy. I usually have no less than 50lbs of gear and it pulls fine. I have probably had as much as 150lbs in it before.

Be carefull in water. You can pack more gear in it than will allow it to flaot. I have had the water an inch from comming over the sides before.
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

Die' en ain't much of a livin' son.
ACEBLDRS
Spoon Bill hunter extraordinaire

Postby Willhunt4food » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:29 am

I made one two years ago out of an old pickup bed liner and it pulls so easy you won't even know its behind you. Last year, when everything was frozen, I had 3 dozen goose decoys 2 guns and 2 equipment bags on it and when I stoped walking the sled would pass me. The thing works great.
Willhunt4food
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:20 am

When the plastic kids sleds go on clearance at walmart scoop them up. They work great.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby JPgreenhead » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:34 pm

my sled works great i usually ahve 3 dozen decoys a gun and a blind bag in the sled all at once and it pulls very easy except it tends to stick to the mud when its tacky...but it makes getting gear there and back a lot easier

Jordan
JPgreenhead
hunter

pull sled

Postby msduckslayer » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:43 pm

i made a pull sled out of a 42 gallon black garbage can that has the wheels on it. i use it in field hunting through gumbo, and water works great. If you paint it and glue some grass on grass on it works great as a lay down blind also.
msduckslayer
hunter

Postby ISHOOTDIVERS » Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:31 am

We use 2 of em, they work great for walk in areas and for fields we cannot drive in, we have a pretty big one then a smaller one not sure who makes the ones we have but they get their use.
Diver Hunters Do It In Big Waves!

Save A Seal, Club An Activist
ISHOOTDIVERS
hunter

Postby thaner » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:03 pm

I have a jet-sled. Works great. I also got the hitch attachment from Cabela's for pulling it behind my quad. They usually have them at a lot of stores for ice fishing. They usually go on clearance late in the season. That’s when I got mine. Saved some $. I love it for duck hunting. Also works great for hulling tree stands and ladders. Pull deer out with it also: much easier to drag one out on the sled even on grass.
More ammo! I need to shoot something!
thaner
hunter

Postby tstrong » Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:30 pm

I have a deer cart that I place the sled on for the walk until I get to the water. This last week I encountered mud and it really mucked up the wheels to the point I threw everything on my back and had to make 2 trips. It's about a mile to the water - do you guys use extra wide tires?
tstrong
hunter

Cabelas Sled

Postby greenheadguy » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:32 pm

They have one in Cabelas, my friend has one and loves it , it slides right over gravel, logs, grass, and dirt and hlods a ton.
greenheadguy
hunter

Postby blindretrieve » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:30 pm

I bought the jet sled from cabelas and I love it. You can fill it full and it will slide on anything!
My lab is smarter than your honor student
blindretrieve
hunter

Postby harvey1b » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:52 pm

yepper.

I got the one from Cabela's also and it works great. I don't know how I made it along without it.
harvey1b
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum