Columbia Quad Waders-What do you know?

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Columbia Quad Waders-What do you know?

Postby TommyToeDrag » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:19 am

Does anyone know about these? Do they have an inner "security" pocket like the Hodgmans? What are the best waders on the market? Please respond w/ opinions. The columbia look really nice.
TommyToeDrag
hunter

Postby kcduckslayer » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:27 am

I really like my cabelas 1600 waders
kcduckslayer
hunter

Waders

Postby labhunter » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:29 am

I have LaCrosse Super Tuff II Waders and I love them.
Good luck!
" A hungry dog hunts best."-Trevino
Labhunter
labhunter
hunter

columbia waders

Postby TommyToeDrag » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:55 am

I know about the other ones, does anyone know about the columbia's?
TommyToeDrag
hunter

Postby chrispbrown27 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:11 pm

I couldn't talk myself into the Columbias this year and now I wish I had tried em out. I would assume their customer service and quality extends into their line of waders and I know that they have a great reputation in these areas for their other products. If ya decide to give them a try post up your experience with them. I would be willing to bet after this season I'm going to be in the market for a new pair.
As a side note, I went with the LL Bean 5mm this year and am not impressed. They don't leak, but the stitching in the crotch and on the velcro shoulder straps is falling apart. I would have assumed a well known company like LL Bean would sell a better quality product. This started happening on the third day of season after only three uses and they were by no means abused. They said if I sent them back they would send me a new pair but since the season isn't that far along why would I send them back and have to wait 3 to 4 weeks for them to send me another pair. All in all I am not impressed with Mr. Bean.
Chris
Vegetarian- Indian word for lousy hunter.
chrispbrown27
hunter

Postby mud duck » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:21 pm

I absolutely love my cabela's 1600. The warmest feet, very durable plus they come in a million sizes.
mud duck
hunter

Postby Wild Wings 1 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:39 am

I've got some LaCrosse waders with that Spandura like stuff on the outside. But I was looking at those Columbia waders and they look like they have it all! I wish someone had a pair and could give a report! They look like they are "ankle-fit" also which would make walking through the muck a lot easier.
Wild Wings 1
hunter

Postby jmike » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:48 am

I got the cebelas 1600 dura mag last year ..they are hand s down the best I have ever owned....I do wish Columbia came out with theres last year ...sine they are from Portland it would have been nice to stay at home.....jmike
dont shoot till there feet are down
jmike
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum