Hearing protection Q's

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Hearing protection Q's

Postby O_E_J » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:50 am

I need some ear protection. My hearing is shot anyway I just need to make sure I dont loose more hearing. What do you guys reccomend in the way of elctronic ear muffs? I want something that can amplify what the buddies are saying and so I can hear the game come in but block out the blast. I also am worried that big old ear muffs might flare more birds than taking my brother hunting with me... I have about 200.00 budgeted to spend on this.
OEJ
O_E_J
hunter

Postby mud duck » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:10 pm

You might find some of the plugs that do the same thing but without the bulk of the muffs. Try cabelas and mack's prairie wings.
mud duck
hunter

Postby sirduckington » Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:15 pm

I have the Walker Game Ear ear piece......I wear it on every hunt, and it is especially appreciated with my hunting buddy's 3.5".

The upside is it's comfortable...doesn't get in the way......does a pretty good job of keep out the blasts......The sound quality is good.

The downsides are that your directional skillz are distorted......there are situations where you have to turn the piece up loud to hear a person.....but then noises such as calling are loud in the ear......

If mine broke, I would buy another.
sirduckington
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum