Keeping your feet warm

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck

Keeping your feet warm

Postby MrsJumpshooter » Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:42 am

Ok guys what are you doing that is helping you to keep your feet warm in the marsh? :getdown:
I hunt it, Therfore I cook it too!
MrsJumpshooter
hunter

Postby Citori12 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:00 pm

Well....first of all men's matabolizm's are a little higher than womens. But after hunting with my fiance this year here are some things that might help. If you wear waders buy them one or two sizes larger than your shoe size and use a sorrel boot insert with a thermax sock. Use a sock that will wick away some moisture. Keep you head and hands warm at all costs as your body wants to heat the coldest part. Therefore your body can spend more energy on the old tootsies. My heart goes out to those women who accompany thier men into the field as there is not alot of options for women as far as gear is concerned. I ended up buying a 200 dollar set of waders for the fiance and she bought some head and neck wear that she says works really well for her. So far she has not gotten uncomfortable. The other suggestion is during waterfowl hunting its important to be still but....once in awhile take a break and walk a short distance if possible this will warm the body and keep circulation in the feet. My fiance has gotten very good at just freezing where she is if birds work during a little warm up routine. I hope this helps
Citori12
Membership permanently suspended

Postby puddlerjumper » Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:48 pm

Cabelas outfitter series socks, they have the wool and the spandex and the polypro. They are the heaviest you can get in that model. Then under that, I wear a knee high polypro liner sock to wick moisture. It keeps my feet dry in all weather.
puddlerjumper
hunter

Postby donell67 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:19 pm

i have cabelas ice buster waders they have a thick liner in the boot. doesnt look like they make them anymore. but the brush busters with the 1000 grams of thinsulate should do good. i always get a size bigger too. any waders with high grams of thinsulate in the boot will help alot.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Citori12 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:49 pm

:salude: :thumbsup: those are definetly good starts. My fiance is using cabelas 1000 gram insulated waders and she says they keep her warm and are comfortable. In addition she tried them on with cabela's socks and got the right amount of fit with heavy socks with them so when she bought the waders she bought the socks that went with them so they were warm and comfortable to walk in....
Guys lets give the women a break and give her any more ideas that will help her defeat old man winter in a duck blind :thumbsup:
Citori12
Membership permanently suspended

Postby Dep6 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:05 pm

I use the Toe warmers ands hand warmers in the little packs. The toe warmers have glue on them to stick to the bottom of socks and I love them. :cool:
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby goosehunter64 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:22 pm

wear a warm hat....period
Rob.
Team WingLock
Lock'em "N" Rock'em
goosehunter64
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum