Duck Hunting Forum banner

Leaking waders

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  puddlerjumper 
#1 ·
I bought a pair of waders from Cabelas before thanksgiving. I nicked a hole in the seat of em. The hole only went threw the extra seat part and not into the wader itself. Well yesterday the crotch started leaking. They leaked so badly that my crotch and legs down to my knees were wet. When I got them off I noticed the thread was coming unraveled in that area. I haven't worn them half a dozen times. Should I call cabelas and see what they can do or is the nick going to null and void everything?

#2 ·
I wouldnt think so. I would call them and see about getting your money back or an exchange or whatever they do.

#6 ·
I just purchased a pair of Redhead gear waders and they leak in the crotch enough to where it gets a little cold. I have three buddies all with the same pair and they all leak the same spot. I bought them from basspro, they said they could send me repair kits or I could bring them back. The only problem is its a two hour drive. Or I could send them and be without waders for two weeks.

#7 ·
northzoneguy said:
I just purchased a pair of Redhead gear waders and they leak in the crotch enough to where it gets a little cold. I have three buddies all with the same pair and they all leak the same spot. I bought them from basspro, they said they could send me repair kits or I could bring them back. The only problem is its a two hour drive. Or I could send them and be without waders for two weeks.
Well if they are all wearing the same pair of waders then naturally they'd all leak in the same spot. May I suggest ya'll get your own waders

#11 ·
Aqua seal from Macks Prarie wings is the BEST stuff for patching waders.

Try it if you can't return the waders

I patched a pair of Lacrosse waders 2 years ago, that were chewed by mice. I had about 10 holes in them, most big enough to put my finger
through. The aqua seal repaired them, and they still don't leak!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.