Duck Hunting Forum banner

marsh layout boat

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  DuckPlayer 
#1 ·
I don't know if anyone here has one if you do let me know how it works. I started building a one man today for these shallow sparse marshes we got around here basing it on a small 2 man bass boat (plastic) and i'm going to build a pvc pipe frame to make it sort of like a coffin blind. gonna put some chunks of pvc pipe around it to stuff some handfuls of natural vegitation in around the burlap camo i got to make the cover out of. it should only ride about 12 to 15 inches out of the water when done. also thinking about gettin a white cover for it for in the feilds once snows on the ground it'll pull like a sled. any helpful hints or sugestions would be great. let me know your ideas.

#3 ·
thanks for the advice :thumbsup: it does have a transom on each end and is rated at 7 1/2 horse i think. It's 8 1/2 feet long and about 3 1/2 ft wide. Here where i hunt most of the time waters only a couple of ft deep at max but usually just a couple of inches we'll have 40 acres covered in water but its deepest spot might only be 12 inches mainly was planning on just pulling it into position i guess. the other tough part about hunting here is that there is usually no cover other than some very thin 8 to 10 inch tall grass clumps here and there. We have areas with more cover but the birds love the big open areas the best so i'm trying to figure out a good wat to hide as they'll make a WIDE berth around any coventional blinds. It's some awsome shooting if you can get hidden enough!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.