What about these Waders?

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck

What about these Waders?

Postby tyler1077 » Sun Dec 25, 2005 7:23 pm

I know this has been asked 1000 times but you think these will hold up pretty good?

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... hasJS=true
GO VOLS!
tyler1077
hunter

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:06 pm

While I do not have experience with these particular waders, I can tell you a lil' about my experience.
If those are within your price range, you may be well suited to try on a pair of the Cabelas Ultimate wader. They are the smae thickness, and have the same amount of thinsulate in the boot. The difference between the two is tread pattern, and that the Ultimate waders have velcro shoulder straps. Why are they good, they can keep your stock from getting hung up when you shoulder it.
Aside from that, don't get hung up on one brand/model. Try some all, do a lil research, etc. It can really pay off in the end.
-Ryan
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby MrCamoClad » Mon Dec 26, 2005 2:27 pm

I have the Ultimates and love them.
MrCamoClad
State Moderator

Postby puddlerjumper » Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:56 am

Ultimates are awesome. I had my first week after nearly finishing up my second season with them, they finally found some barbed wire that they wouldn't turn. And in neoprene fashion, the pinhole leak turned into a ping pong ball leak while I was picking up decoys, so now cabelas is exchanging them for me. I love them, and the customer service. At the moment, I have some 200 gram hip boots from hodgman to hold me over til I get my waders back.
puddlerjumper
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum