Avery field blinds

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Avery field blinds

Postby Wild Wings 1 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:43 pm

I hunt in Arkansas over a bunch of flooded rice, bean, etc. fields. I was wondering if any one has had better success with one of these rather than the Unipits and coffin blinds I've been using. They stick out like a sore thumb even after you camo the hell out of them. I've tried digging them in(would not suggest this to my worst enemy!) covering them with mud, etc. and they still have several spots that will stick out. They are a pain to pull out in a four-wheeler, put in a truck, shot out of and they're just straight up cumbersome! I hear great things about the Avery blinds (Powerhunter, Finisher, etc) and I'm somewhat on a budget. I wonder how they do in say 2-3 in water and SERIOUS mud. Any suggestions or good experience with these or any ideas with anything else?
Wild Wings 1
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:22 pm

They are NOT made for water or serious mud.

But nk Final Approach make a blind called the Air controller. Bascially it has waterproof floor and up the sides a ways. http://www.kolpin.com/product/fibl01.asp
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Gooseboy » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:13 am

I think they would do ok in water... I dunno though i have an Avery Powerhunter i got for Christmas and have yet to try it out. But it folds into a backpack which is great.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby Deadeye_youth » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:32 am

The only way they would be good for the water would be with the neotub you can buy for the finisher i think. Not to sure which ones they are made for but with it you can hunt in like 8 inches of water i think.
WHACK EM' AN STACK EM'
Deadeye_youth
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum