Drake Big Mouth Decoy Bag

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck

Drake Big Mouth Decoy Bag

Postby kyfowler » Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:39 pm

Does anyone have on of these and do you like it. Does it really hold 2 dozen magnums or 30 standards.
kyfowler
hunter

Postby Wild Wings 1 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:52 am

I have one of the collapsable drake decoy bags. I don't know if it is the same one which you are talking about. All I know is that I will NOT buy another one!!!! The ONLY good thing about it is that it will stand on its own when you are putting up/taking up decoys. Other than that...it is HORRIBLE!! They are incredibly heavy and clumsy! The little clips on the sides to make it stay collapsed are impossible to work with gloves on and the damn thing has sprung back and popped me pretty good in the face several times! Drake has a good idea on their hands but they screwed it up BIG TIME!!!! They do hold a lot of decoys, but I wouldn't get one if I were you. Just my opinion.
Wild Wings 1
hunter

Postby kyfowler » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:16 pm

no not that one but thanks. when you saw hold a lot of decoys do they hold what they say they hold.
kyfowler
hunter

Postby Wild Wings 1 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:46 pm

Yeah, the bag I have says it will hold 2 dozen standard decoys and it will pretty easily. However, the big mouth decoy bag is supposed to be bigger. I still would suggest you go to a store or find someone nearby who has one and pick up the bag with a load of decoys. I use 30 of
those Duck commander inflatable decoys that weigh close to nothing in a regular Avery bag (mesh bag), but you put them in that Drake bag and it will almost knock you over trying to pick it up and load it into something. Plus, if you think about it...its a decoy bag...I was an idiot and spent about $45 on the thing and I definitely didn't get what I thought I was paying for. But yes, to answer your question, they do hold as many decoys as they say they do.
Wild Wings 1
hunter

Postby Bluebill Buster » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:16 pm

I got a XL decoy stand bag, and I don't think I will ever buy another decoy bag again. I hunt out of a boat and shallow water area and this thing is the bomb!

No more trying to get the damn deke inside the mouth of the bag. I know you were referring to the big mouth bag, but this stand bag is great. You can dumps the decoys out and work with them one at a time or open up the bag at the end of the hunt and toss them in. No more hastle, unless you can't throw the deke in the bag and well then doesn't matter what you have.

I have heard guys that bought collapsible lawn bags at Home Depot, but I couldn't find them here.
Bluebill Buster
hunter

Postby kyfowler » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:21 pm

the only thing i don't like about the standup bag is that it is mesh. i had mesh bags before and they didn't last very long
kyfowler
hunter

Postby mmalino » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:42 pm

Wild Wings 1 wrote:I have one of the collapsable drake decoy bags. I don't know if it is the same one which you are talking about. All I know is that I will NOT buy another one!!!! The ONLY good thing about it is that it will stand on its own when you are putting up/taking up decoys. Other than that...it is HORRIBLE!! They are incredibly heavy and clumsy! The little clips on the sides to make it stay collapsed are impossible to work with gloves on and the damn thing has sprung back and popped me pretty good in the face several times! Drake has a good idea on their hands but they screwed it up BIG TIME!!!! They do hold a lot of decoys, but I wouldn't get one if I were you. Just my opinion.

i use those bags and like them alot, iwoulnt use anything else
Team Rainmakers
"We supply eBay with the bands you buy"

Go White Sox!!...hell with baseball its football season
mmalino
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum