Hybrid Jackets ??

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Hybrid Jackets ??

Postby MrCamoClad » Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:48 pm

Does anybody have one of those Hybrid Jacket that tuck into the waders and you put the shoulder straps over the Jacket ??

I been thinking about getting one - but without actually trying it on with my waders - its tough determine if it will be too bulky or not warm enough.

Thoughts ???

Here is an example

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... hasJS=true
MrCamoClad
State Moderator

Postby AK Ducks » Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:23 pm

I use a pullover as a mid layer that goes under my waders but an outer layer that goes into you waders is a bad Idea what happens in a big rain all that water will go into your waders.
also an outer layer jackcet will help you float if you were to fall into a deep hole or have a boat sink on you( your jakect and waders create an air pocet)
something that wouldn't happen if your jacket was on the inside of your waders. just my .02
thanks to the men and woman of the United States Coast Guard- without them I would not be here.
AK Ducks
hunter

Postby casey_714 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:43 pm

All i know is that my brother has one and he likes it a lot..
casey_714
State Moderator

Postby big_countryks » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:41 am

AK Ducks makes a good point. I never thought of that before. I don't have one of those, but I usually tuck my jacket inside my waders. I believe it would be warmer much like tucking your shirt in is supposed to keep you a degree or two warmer. I don't think it is worth the risk as AK has pointed out or would be very convenient in the rain either.
"When the Buffalo are gone, we will hunt mice, for we are hunters, and we want our freedom..." (Sitting Bull)
"Republicans believe every day is 4th of July, but Democrats believe every day is April 15." (Ronald W. Reagan)
big_countryks
hunter

Postby MrCamoClad » Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:33 am

AK - good call. It doesnt look like they were a big hit...probably why they are in the Bargain Bin already.

Thanks
MrCamoClad
State Moderator

Return to Hunting Gear Forum