Layout blind Max-4, Mossy Oak Shadow, or just brown

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Layout blind Max-4, Mossy Oak Shadow, or just brown

Postby thaner » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:20 pm

Layout blind finishes? Max-4, Mossy Oak Shadow, or just brown? I can't decide. how do they blend in? I hunt mostly cut corn and some early season grass and hay fields. Which is better? Does anyone just throw it down and hunt it in a corn field in one of the patterns or do you all add stubble and other cover items? Is it best to just go with the brown and add material to camo it?
More ammo! I need to shoot something!
thaner
hunter

Postby goosecaller » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:14 am

I am not sure that the camo pattern matters all that much. I always cover up and add corn stuble or grass depending on where I am hunting. I never just throw out the blind and climb in. I also will cover it up with a white sheet when it is snowing. As long as you can camo it up, they will work great.
call 'em in and kill 'em all
goosecaller
hunter

Postby Captain16 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:49 am

I just got mine MAX-4 blind a month ago and love it. I have only hunted corn fields, and it blends in very well. I usually always cover mine up with corn stubble. They have plenty of stubble straps and my friends are always making fun o fme with all of the stubble I add. if it does snow, I use a white sheet, plus if you can get a can of white window snow (usually only around christmas time) Spray it on your blind as well. It wipes right off with some water and a towel. As far as the other colors I am not sure I know anybody that has a different color of blind.
Captain16
hunter

Postby JJ McGuire » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:02 am

Go with khaki, once it is brushed up you won't see the camo pattern. :thumbsup:
JJ McGuire
hunter

Postby KCDuckMaster » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:27 pm

I got mine in brown

I hunt sand bars alot and the brown blends in awsome and even better now that we have started digging holes to put them down in, so now you can hardly see them.

When we do to the fields though they blend in just find, add a little stubble and you probably cant tell the difference between a camo blind and a brown blind.
If they weren’t meant to be eaten, then why are they made of meat?
KCDuckMaster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby wspiller » Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:46 pm

I have one in max4 and the other in brown if you put as much stuble and extra grass on it as i do the brown is the way to go and its normally cheaper, i think the brown looks a lil better in fields to blends in with the dirt for the spots where the stuble doesnt cover just my opinion though
wspiller
hunter

Postby Ducksbeus » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:45 pm

Just brown...a little mud and sum brush....SHAZAM...Your invisable :yes: :yes: :yes:

:hammering: :hammering: :hammering: :hammering: :hammering:
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Ducksbeus
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum