How to build a field blind?

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

How to build a field blind?

Postby jduck1 » Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:06 pm

Thinking of building a couple field layout blinds. Anyone have some good sites or advice on how to get started? I have a wire welder and all the tools needed I just need some design tips from those who also didn't see the need to drop $200+ on a blind.

Thanks,
Jeff
jduck1
jduck1
hunter

Postby Dogman » Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:52 pm

I posted a picture of the one I made in the Photo Album under "grindage".Nice and light and it folds up to store in back of my explorer.Take a look at it and let me know if its something you'd be interested in building.
My lab is still the best hunting partner there is.
Dogman
Forum & State Moderator

Looks Good!

Postby jduck1 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:40 pm

Looks good. I am looking at building something a little more enclosed but I like the wheels and padding. Gives me a good starting point to build from there.

Thanks,
jduck1
jduck1
hunter

filed blinds

Postby bill 1965 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:02 am

wall mart carries some lay down blinds for 85 bucks that are pretty nice also they have a new hunting supplier u can get to on the web called discount hunting supplies my wife bought me one for 45 bucks same blind in cableas waas 149
bill 1965
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum