blind bag question ...sorry guys

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

blind bag question ...sorry guys

Postby blindretrieve » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:08 pm

Just wandering if anyone has used the Drake blind bag and how it worked. I was looking at an avery but I figured everyone else I hunt with had one of them and if I got a Drake just would be less confusion on who's is who's.
blindretrieve
hunter

Postby wspiller » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:25 pm

averys the best but that just personal opinion never used a drake, but really dont have a reason to switch, completly satisfied with my avery
wspiller
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:03 pm

:withstupid:
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby blindretrieve » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:37 pm

well guys I received my blind bag today from mack's pw and let me tell you i was alittle disappointed. The ad said it was 20" long and 11" wide.....yeah right! Maybe 16" by 8"!! I was pissed, I thought they sent me the wrong one, but nope it was the XL. I don't know how they measure these things but Drake will be getting an Email from me on this one!!!
My lab is smarter than your honor student
blindretrieve
hunter

Postby ACEBLDRS » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:26 pm

send it back to Macks, they'll take it back no problem.

and send a letter to drake.
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

Die' en ain't much of a livin' son.
ACEBLDRS
Spoon Bill hunter extraordinaire

Postby blindretrieve » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:46 pm

well I emailed Drake and here is the reply!!!!

I am sorry you are disappointed. To be sure you got the XL bag, count the pockets on the inside of the bag. The LG has 10 and the XL has 12. If you have 12 pockets on the inner walls of your blind bag, then you have the XL.

We measure our bags just like our primary competitor(s). The measurements include the inside dimensions and the outer compartments as well. If the outer pockets side and front pockets are fully expanded the overall bag is within the measurements stated. Again, this is the same way our primary competitor(s) measure their bags.

Our bag is slightly larger than our primary competitor’s called the Floating Blind Bag and the Pit Bag. If you have a nearby dealer that carries our competitors bag, please compare. If you find it to be different, I please ask you to let me know as soon as you can.

One added consideration is this. By having pockets on the wall of the bag, this makes enables a Drake bag to hold more than most bags. I do not know of another bag that utilizes it’s inner wall space. As a result, this gives you more room in the bottom of your blind bag, enabling you to hold more gear than a bag of similar size without the wall pockets.

Did you load down your bag utilizing the walls first? If so, I’m curious as to what all you carry with you. We are in the process of designing several more bags and would love to see your list for consideration.

Thank you, Tate Wood
My lab is smarter than your honor student
blindretrieve
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:23 pm

At least he seems to be helpful with the situation. I havent looked at a drake bag so I dont know the size comparison to the avery. Keep us posted as to what happens.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby PADUCKSTUFFER » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:27 pm

I got my Drake bag and LOVE IT along with all my other Drake gear :-)
PADUCKSTUFFER
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Hunting Gear Forum