New Waders

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

New Waders

Postby gsphunter » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:51 am

Alright guys, Cabela's pleased me with their customer service again. They took the replacement pair of waders back that they sent me, because they leaked too. I had to hunt in them all season still, because if I sent them back, I knew I would be out waders for half the season.

Anyway, they discontinued the waders I had (surpise huh) and I have a credit with them to get a new pair.

What are ya'll using and what do you like about them?
gsphunter
hunter

Postby puddlerjumper » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:14 pm

What waders did they discontinue. I'd like to know so I don't pick some up at the bargain cave and have the same problems as you.
puddlerjumper
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:28 pm

Warrior1000's. They were a Cordura and Neoprene combo.
gsphunter
hunter

Postby puddlerjumper » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:30 pm

Just make sure you keep your purchases in the cabelas footwear brand line. Their warranties only cover the cabelas footwear. Get you some of the Ultimate 1000g with the 5mm neoprene. I punched a hole in them somewhere and I sent em in. Got em back in 2 weeks. They are extremely tough. I treat my waders like my bibs. They get worn a lot, and run through a lot, and I wouldn't trade this pair for any other. They have the velcro shoulder straps to keep from interfering with the shouldering of your shotgun, and they armor flex exterior that makes the neoprene more stretchable, and much more puncture resistant. I've performed a few home experiments with these waders and some of my other pairs, that most waders wouldn't have to see, and these won. They are great, and you get good customer service with it.
Last edited by puddlerjumper on Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
puddlerjumper
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:34 pm

I use redhead bone dry's.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby TXskilletwacker » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:30 am

i bought my cabelas six or seven years ago from a friend who was off to the air force (and he had had them for several years before that too!), paid $60 for them and have been giving them heck ever since! they have many patch spots and a big glob of "shoe goo" on the right toe and still going tuff!

although, i think i am going to invest in some lacrosse ATS's this year. i have heard nothing but praise about them.
if i could make a scented candle, i'd make call it... gunpowder in the sunrise! or wet dog, swamp mud and gun smoke!
TXskilletwacker
hunter

Postby kcduckslayer » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:05 am

I have the cabelas 1600's. I wouldnt trade them for anything!!! Although I have been thinking about getting something else for early season. Man they are almost to warm!!!
kcduckslayer
hunter

Postby Dogman » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:05 pm

I bought a pair of Columbia Widgeon neoprene waders,1000 gram thinsulate.Very nice,tried to get them through Cabela's but they were out of my size and weren't going to any more till next fall..Good thing is I found the same waders at Sports Authority for the same price and free shipping. :thumbsup:
My lab is still the best hunting partner there is.
Dogman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby hintz » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:57 pm

Gooseboy wrote:I use redhead bone dry's.
I hate those, you might have had better luck but between me and my hunting buddies not one doesnt leak, I now have Hodgemans and love them.
hintz
hunter

Waders

Postby hm_palmer » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:14 pm

I have the 1600 Supermags and they are waarm and durable. I've had them for 2 years and havent had a leak yet and they're warm too.
hm_palmer
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:28 am

Hey thanks for all the info guys.
gsphunter
hunter

Postby thaner » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:54 pm

Checked out the Cabela 1000 and 1600 yesterday. The 1600 are nice but maybe 1/3 more weight than the 1000 even though they are both 5mm. They would be on the heavy side for walking very far so I would pass but they are nice if you don't walk much or mind the extra weight. My old waders are tight in the chest so I was thinking about the stout for more room for me and layers but the regulars were plenty big in the chest. If you have long legs there is plenty of leg length. The boots run big. I would have gone a size larger for extra sock room but the 1000 wader boots were big at my usual size with plenty of room for extra heavy socks. I love the straps without buckles; that’s a big selling point for me. I will be getting the 1000 for next year.
More ammo! I need to shoot something!
thaner
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum