Camo Material For Boat Blind

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck

Camo Material For Boat Blind

Postby VTduckman » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:45 am

i am making a blind for my boat. i already made the frame. i am going to use page fence to weave brush and other things into it(i hunt in a brushy area). but i gont want to weave for hours and hours and planed on putting some rugged Max-4 material on the back of the fence for a background.I looked at the max-4 burlap, but it seems that the colors on it arent the way they are on like a coat. there much darker and the yellow grass dosent show up on it very well. Any other suggestions of material, or dose any one have the burlap and it isnt the way i think?
Season Totals-
Canada's-Alot
2 Mallards
2 Blacks
15 Green Wing
5 Wood Ducks
1 Can.
1 Pintail
Hooded Merganser
VTduckman
hunter

Postby MrCamoClad » Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:25 am

A quick response about the burlap - if you plan on leaving it on your boat during the year - plan on it getting full of mildew and rotting. The first year I made my own blind - I made the mistake of using burlap - once it got wet - it was all done.

Most of the other blind material out there - like Die-cut camo that is relativly cheap - isnt that good either. It will last - but its really delcate and tears easily. The best material I have used are the ones that come fromt the blind manufacturers with the wind blocker. This material is usally heavier and will resist rot and mildew.

IF you are looking for just a backing - the mildew resistant die cut might be the way to go - but I would recomend doubleing it up to make it stronger. The last year I used my homemade blind before I bought one - I actually went out with a big sewing needle and stiched the diecut together to make it more durable.

Good luck .
MrCamoClad
State Moderator

Postby VTduckman » Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:59 pm

how much am i looking at for that mold resistant stuff?
Season Totals-
Canada's-Alot
2 Mallards
2 Blacks
15 Green Wing
5 Wood Ducks
1 Can.
1 Pintail
Hooded Merganser
VTduckman
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum