Help me pick a Columbia fleece

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Help me pick a Columbia fleece

Postby sparelink » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:48 am

Well i am about to order a widgeon II jacket and want to pick up a fleece for when it get cold. of these two, what have you guys used and what do you think about them.

ballistic hunt windproof fleece?

first frost fleece?
sparelink
hunter

Re: Help me pick a Columbia fleece

Postby TNAL45 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:18 pm

I don't know much about the two fleeces, but I own probably 3 or 4 columbia fleeces and vests and then various shells for them. They are all good. Check the zipper brands though as my Northface Denali will zip into my Columbia stuff. If you are really cold natured spend the extra money for a Patagonia R series fleece. My R4 seems to disappear during deer season and return covered in deer hair. AKA I let my dad borrow it once and now just surrender it to him when get gets below 20.
cannon wrote:Rules, in general, are bad for me. Left to my own resources, I'm a fairly responsible citizen. Once rules are in place, I have an insatiable desire to break them repeatedly. It's a sickness.
TNAL45
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:09 am

If your hunting jacket is windproof, why pay more for a windproof fleece unless you are going to wear that as a stand alone outer garment. I have several cheap fleece vests and layering garments. They all work the same. Why pay more for a name. We just discussed this topic recently. I think you will find everything you need to know in the thread below.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=159072
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby mooore17 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:32 am

You can throw fleece over anything. It's a matter of priorities I guess. Tetrapanax (Tetrapanax (TRex)) will be fine in most winters (if not all as mine was fine last winter with no protection) You could stick a coke bottle filled with straw over the growing point?
hanes stedman polo
mooore17
Newb

Return to Hunting Gear Forum