Witch Swamp seat?

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Re: Witch Swamp seat?

Postby duaney2 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:58 pm

I've used the Avery hard for three years and it is still like new. You need to tilt these seats a little towards you for them to be the most comfortable.
duaney2
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:26 pm

I have the avery marsh seat, my little brother has the new Banded slough stool. I can tell you the avery is WORLDS above the Banded. The Avery is cushier in the seat, aluminum, and folds flat. The banded stool is steel (heavier and rust!), uses wing nuts (VS. Avery's pins on cables) so have fun when you lose them adjusting the seat, and the "feet" on the banded stool are wobbly, loud, and sometimes hang up if you dont have them "set" just so.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby jc_182002 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:10 am

i bought the Avery marsh seat, and pretty soon all of my hunting buds showed up with them. a must have :thumbsup:
jc_182002
hunter

Postby handyandy » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:05 pm

I just got the avery marsh seat on sale at cabelas a week ago used it twice so far with no complaints I like that it folds flat and seems really well made and is a good deal at 35. If I made one that well the stuff for it would cost close to it.
Red neck engineering- If ya can't fix it with duck tape, bailing wire, zip ties, and JB weld well than it can't be fixed.

If it moves and it aint suppose to duck tape it. If doesn't move and its suppose to put WD-40 on it.
handyandy
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:24 pm

I have an avery one and I also have on of them fold-up dove stools. If the water is shallow enough I'm using that dove chair because it has a backrest.
marsh seats 003.jpg
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby KaceyDucks » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:55 am

If you arent walking in a good idea that will last forever.

2-3 foot long 1/2 in steel pipe. weld a T in it about 6-8inches from bottom. weld two pieces of drill stem together parallel to eachother. weld to top of steel stake.

Marsh seat that you can leave in the mud and muck or take with you in the boat. Definitely durable but heavy. I have one and it works awesome.

You could also just get some wooden bar stools from craigslist, paint them camo with some quick spray paint. And leave them in your favorite hunting spot. If you are worried about people taking them, lay them on their sides when you leave.

I have done both of these and like them way more than marsh seats
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants." -- Thomas Jefferson
KaceyDucks
hunter

Postby BKScripto » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:23 pm

I found the Avery seat at Academy Sports for $35! I bought the only 2 they had; they're awesome.
BKScripto
hunter

Postby Gulfcoast » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:05 am

I just use dove stools. We wait until they are on sale and buy 10 of them. We use them every day, and if they don't last more than one season, no biggie. If the water is too deep for the dove stool, I just park my booty on the dog stand. "Move over, bitch."
So many ducks, so little time . . .

HRCH Ellie Mae MH
Tipsy Puppy
Gulfcoast
hunter

Previous

Return to Hunting Gear Forum