jet sled

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

jet sled

Postby littleone » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:55 pm

after reading about pull sleds, ive just recieved my jet sled from cabelas, i can see alot of uses for this thing, but is there any way of turning it into a layout blind after pulling your gear to the hunting site. :salude:
littleone
hunter

Postby blindretrieve » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:30 pm

never thought of it, but a good idea!
My lab is smarter than your honor student
blindretrieve
hunter

Postby tstrong » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:26 pm

If you don't mind your feet hanging over one end. I never did get use to sitting up really fast and shooting.
tstrong
hunter

Postby ISHOOTDIVERS » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:13 am

There was a guy somewhere on one of the forums that did this, spring loaded little flaps and all.So yeah it is possible, I'll post the think if by some chance I run across it
Diver Hunters Do It In Big Waves!

Save A Seal, Club An Activist
ISHOOTDIVERS
hunter

Postby harvey1b » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:28 am

I tried it, but it wasn't very comfortable and didn't work too well. I lined the bottom with a foam Ridge-rest and then covered the top with a camo cover-up cloth. We hunted in them only one morning and granted it was in a mowed hay field, but the geese got within ~100 yds, hit the breaks, and went the other way. I think you would have better luck if you were in say cut corn. The sleds are pretty high profile though and are too short to lay down in comfortably so your legs have to go up and over the rails to get out. Unless you fold your legs, not comfy for long, your knees stick up. I guess you could do some modifications to it, but it wasn't worth it to me.

Just my thoughts
harvey1b
hunter

Postby thaner » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:13 pm

Could work better if you can dig it in a little so it sits more level with the ground that way you can have your feet and legs lay flat on the ground. Could work ok in a shallow water set-up.
More ammo! I need to shoot something!
thaner
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum