Stearns neopren waders - opinion?

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Stearns neopren waders - opinion?

Postby falco » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:45 am

I live in Greece. These waders are the only american ones they import here. I have also found some european ones but when it comes to heavy duty use, I do have a preference in US products. So what do you think? Are they good? I think they are 4.5 mm thick with 1000 grams thinsulate in the boots.

Thanks in advance,
Leo
falco
hunter

Postby 98ramtough » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:51 am

falco,

I would get a better brand if you can. Hodgman and LaCrosse make great waders. there is some company that is popular in New Zealand that sells super think neopremes, I want to say like 10mm or something like that, you might look them up depending on how cold it is
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby falco » Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:57 am

Well, this is southern Europe here, it isn't really that cold, I guess 5 mm would be the thickest to be considered, but thanks anyway. As I said, Stearn's is the only american brand here, the other two that I can buy are Brittish, Ron Thompsin & Prologic, I' ve never heard anything about them.

By the way, what's wrong with the Stearn's waders? Do they leak or something? If they are really not any good, maybe I should prefer the brittish ones, they are also considerably cheaper.
falco
hunter

Postby 98ramtough » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:02 am

falco,

There is nothing wrong with Stearns waders. If it isn't super cold down there than buy them and give em a try. keep away from barb wire and stuff and they will be fine.
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby DuckPlayer » Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:25 pm

I've got a pair of 8mm that I roast in in -10degree F weather . they're from cabelas i'm sure you could order some from their store online or one of many other good sporting goods suppliers that have online sales.
Some days you do everything right and don,t bag a thing , Some days you do everything wrong and still get LUCKY !!!
DuckPlayer
Pro Hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum