Fast Grass Panels

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Fast Grass Panels

Postby kcduckslayer » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:55 pm

I am looking to build a boat blind among other things and I was wondering where I can find Fast grass panels
kcduckslayer
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:58 pm

Walmart had them this year, but I was gonna say that here in KS you are kinda wasting your time with them. They stick out like a sore thumb cause we dont really have the vegetation here to make them blend in really well.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby kcduckslayer » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:01 pm

Ya thats what I thought also. Not to follow the pack but it seems like there are alot of guys with the fast grass. I have been trying to figure out what kind of camo to use. I will have a avery quick set boat blind to start with. then I was going to add to it. Just trying to figure out what.
kcduckslayer
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:06 pm

I have a shadowgrass 3-d camo cover with a camo tarp on the lower part of the inside as a windbreaker. It hangs down clear to the water. I might buy a killer weed type product to clip low along the water like the grass we have here. Thats bout all the advice I can give u.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby VTduckman » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:26 pm

get fence (green IMO) with those squares in it. cover you whole blind by wire tieing it on. Weave vegation that matches your surroundings in it. very cheap and 100% perfect camo.
Season Totals-
Canada's-Alot
2 Mallards
2 Blacks
15 Green Wing
5 Wood Ducks
1 Can.
1 Pintail
Hooded Merganser
VTduckman
hunter

Postby ISHOOTDIVERS » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:56 pm

Cabela's sells the Avery Fast Grass panels, that's what I did for the blind on my little marsh boat
Diver Hunters Do It In Big Waves!

Save A Seal, Club An Activist
ISHOOTDIVERS
hunter

Postby DUKHTR » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:07 pm

the killer-weed is actually a rafia product.....will rot if not dry-stored.......but holds dyes well and if you do store in a barn or whatever, will last ......lastly, when wet it is 'fragile' and prone to tears and rips off on the highway in my experience

you can get raffia real cheap at craft stores or even at walmart....also from costume places including on-line.....just look for hula skirts!
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Hunting Gear Forum