Whitewater® DU Rhino Tough™ Insulated Bibs any good?

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Whitewater® DU Rhino Tough™ Insulated Bibs any good?

Postby thaner » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:05 pm

I was thinking about getting a pair of Whitewater® DU Rhino Tough™ Insulated Bibs for next season. Anyone know if the whitewater stuff is any good? I have not seen it before to compair to the stuff I have.
More ammo! I need to shoot something!
thaner
hunter

Postby scwaterfowler » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:56 pm

i have the jacket and it is great
scwaterfowler
hunter

Postby thaner » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:36 pm

Thanks for your input. How does the size run? About right, a little big, or a little small?
thaner
hunter

Postby Labs 4 sale » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:32 am

Ive had a Whitewater Parka for 2 years and it is the best i've ever used, i've tried many. the Rhino tough is very durable. The sizes do run large, I usually wear a 2xl, I have an xl Parka and i have plenty of room.
Labs 4 sale
hunter

Postby JJ McGuire » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:30 am

You may want to log into the Sierra Trading Post web page, that recently had a variety of bibs on sale.
JJ McGuire
hunter

Postby thaner » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:03 pm

Thanks for all the info. Unfortunately I ordered a pair of the bibs from Cabela’s after checking the sizing and calling to ask some questions. I also found a pair of the standard white water bibs and tried them on and they fit perfect in XL. I got the rip stop version in XL and they are so snug I can hardly get into them. Go figure. I will have to send them back but I don't want to spend the extra $20 to go to the XXL's. Maybe I will try Sierra.

Funny thing, I checked by Cabela’s heavy bib and coat deer hunting rig and found that I had gotten the XXL in bib’s and XL in coat so they had the same thing with the bib’s running a size larger. I tried them on when I was on a trip and at the store so I got them right. I can’t figure out why the bib would run XXL and coats XL when the size charts are opposite for me.

I am thinking they size the shell and then depending on how much insulation they stuff into them the size you need varies. They should tell you that the extra insulation versions should be ordered one size larger than standard.
thaner
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum