I need some help!!!

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

I need some help!!!

Postby BlueDuck » Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:38 pm

This weekend Im going hunting on a slough that doesnt have a tree around it and there are atleast 600 ducks on it everyday, please help me with some info. on how to go about hunting it.
Hammer Time!
BlueDuck
hunter

Postby lonewolf » Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:56 pm

Hey, I am from south Texas and I hunt farm ponds with no trees all the time. I usually make some wooden seats to stick in the mud so I do not have to stand, and these are easy to move if the wind changes. I put my seat on the edge of the tanks and for the most part be as still as possible. With very little movement you should do just fine.
Here's to us and those like us, There's damn few of us left.
lonewolf
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:26 am

when i hunt places liek that i usely take a bit of blind matterals and then use stray stick to make a make crap blind...
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Postby mfetter » Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:59 pm

I would try two differet things.

1--lay on the bank like a goose hunter and be still---You could even take a coupe of burlap bags with some twigs and things already attatched or go buy a christmas tree and cut it in half. :thumbsup:
mfetter
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum