another waders post....

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

another waders post....

Postby jjohnson_714 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:41 pm

ok some i need to buy some waders and i figure i might as well do it now because i have money and might not when hunting season comes around... now i realize that this topic has been beat around the bush, but with all the new members i thought i'd give it another go... and also dont bash these products unless you have actually given them a go, and thought they were junk... then feel free to bash away :thumbsup:

cabela's supermag 1600 with armor flex
cabela's ultimate hunting chest waders
ducks unlimited 5mm waders
cabela's brush buster 1000 waders
columbia widgeon waders

i think im limiting my choices to those... thanks like always
jjohnson_714
State Moderator

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:48 am

I have the Cabelas Ultimate and have enjoyed them, my feet get cold now and again due to poor circulation but it's nothing a good set of toe warmers won't correct. I have the 1000 gram boot. The 5mm neo can be somewhat warm on some days.
They were a good buy though, I found it tough to beat thier price. Cabelas seems to have quality products, so far I have nto been dissapointed.
On a final note, Columbia has always stood in my mind as quality gear. While I have no experience with thier waders, I certainly would not discount them on my next wader purchase.
-Ryan
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby side-slippin » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:09 am

my hunting partner has the cabelas 1600's and loves them, the only complaint is same thing Trois_beaux_canards said, a little warm on warmer days. but nothing you cant stand. besides im having to much fun to care really. i bought a pair of columbia waders (click on the link) and love them. as long as they keep you dry and warm on the colder days its all up to your personal opion, just like with your other gear.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... sults1.jsp
"Augustus...
...by-god Woodrow, it's been quite a party ain't it.
...yes sir."
side-slippin
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:36 am

I have not had any of the cabelas waders so I wont comment on them. The ducks unlimited waders are stearns and I didnt like them. I have had several pairs of waders and have been very tough on them cause they get used year round. Most pairs tend to last about a year or year and a half. The best pair I have had a currently still have are ROCKY flooded timberstalker. They are by far the toughest pair I have had. Mine are going on their third year and my partner will be on his fifth year. I would not rule out the columbias though. I have not had a pair but own lots of other columbia gear and they make stuff to last and be comfortable.
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Re: another waders post....

Postby puddlerjumper » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:52 pm

jjohnson_714 wrote:ok some i need to buy some waders and i figure i might as well do it now because i have money and might not when hunting season comes around... now i realize that this topic has been beat around the bush, but with all the new members i thought i'd give it another go... and also dont bash these products unless you have actually given them a go, and thought they were junk... then feel free to bash away :thumbsup:

cabela's supermag 1600 with armor flex
cabela's ultimate hunting chest waders
ducks unlimited 5mm waders
cabela's brush buster 1000 waders
columbia widgeon waders

i think im limiting my choices to those... thanks like always

Cabelas Ultimate Waders. This will be my third season. By far the best waders that I have worn, plus they have the cabelas TOP NOTCH customer service.
puddlerjumper
hunter

Postby NickCies80 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:19 pm

I have the Cabelas 1600 with armor flex. I have also owned a pair of the DU ones and I did not like them at all. I really hated the straps on them. I have no complaints with the Cabelas. Warm and comfortable, and they have got caught on stuff before and did not rip. Very durable as far as I am concered. Just my opinion.
:hammering: I just like the smiley with the hammer.
NickCies80
State Moderator

Postby Gooseboy » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:26 pm

Cabelas Ultimates are pretty good. I would want to try Lacrose Brush Tuffs those things are supposed to be top of da line.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby jjohnson_714 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:39 pm

hey thanks for the replies guys... i think im going to go with the cabelas 1600's... they are on sale, plus it gets cold up here :thumbsup:
jjohnson_714
State Moderator

Postby puddlerjumper » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:42 pm

jjohnson_714 wrote:hey thanks for the replies guys... i think im going to go with the cabelas 1600's... they are on sale, plus it gets cold up here :thumbsup:

Good choice! I ended up buying a pair of hip waders half way through this season. Because of this "tropical depression" or whatever it is they call it were in, it's been so warm, and those 1000's would get swamped with sweat so I just bought some 200 gram hip waders, I think I wore those more than anything. You will have a good pair of waders for up in that ID cold water.
puddlerjumper
hunter

Postby sidecarr » Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:20 pm

I need a pair of waders was wondering if anyone has tried the macks grand prarie 5 mm dura-hyde waders , was looking at cambelas but macks has a better fit from their charts im 6' 6" 250 lbs so if any one knows about waders to fit me id apreciate it
sidecarr
hunter

Postby arizonaduckhunter13 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:33 pm

why don't you throw in there redhead bone dry waders my buddys and i have had them for 3 years straight and not a leak the only problem is they keep you to warm in summer
I'll call you my hunting partner when you jump into freezing water to get my ducks
arizonaduckhunter13
hunter

Postby choclab » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:13 pm

I have the Cabelas Ultimate waders :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

They are durable and warm. I have the 1000 gram's with Armor Flex....worth every penny.
"The rich....who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, are the real enemies of game". Teddy Roosevelt
choclab
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:20 pm

arizonaduckhunter13 wrote:why don't you throw in there redhead bone dry waders my buddys and i have had them for 3 years straight and not a leak the only problem is they keep you to warm in summer

Same thing my hunting buddys use.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby choclab » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:04 pm

I couldn't magine using duck waders in the summer...thats crazy. I just got a sweet deal on some Simms waders....150.00 bucks! Those are my summer waders.
"The rich....who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, are the real enemies of game". Teddy Roosevelt
choclab
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum