Portable Blinds

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Portable Blinds

Postby Huskerduck » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:40 pm

Im looking at buying a portable blind that I could easily move from one spot to another and maybe also use on some public lands. What are some good portable blinds for using by slews, marshes and ponds???? What about Two man blinds?
Last edited by Huskerduck on Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Huskerduck
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:42 pm

In fields? Avery power hunter.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby gvegas88 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:45 pm

do you want one thats light/flimsy like a tent type or more rigid like that premium stump blind. well i'm sure you could rig up a turkey tent or even get some marsh grass, chicken wire, and PVC pipe and make one. I don't know of any particular blinds yet, sorry.
Tyler
gvegas88
hunter

Postby Huskerduck » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:47 pm

i was looking at some of those pop-up tent type blinds on camelas, but im sure they are pretty flimsy

I was lookint at some haybale blinds, the underbrush blind and the goose view blind

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/commo ... 4887&Nty=1
Huskerduck
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:55 pm

Are you talking about the blinds that you laydown in? They arent flimsy and should work fine.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby Huskerduck » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:58 pm

im talkin about the 2 person blinds, like the bale blinds and pop-up blinds
Huskerduck
hunter

Postby thaner » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:03 am

I got an Ameristep TSC doghouse blind after last hunting season. It is the reversible one with hardwoods green on one side and shadow grass on the other. It is a little heavy, about 25 lb. but nothing that hard to carry. I was wishing I got a smaller lighter version for me for turkey hunting and solo ground bow hunting when I am already carring a bunch of equipment. I will get a different one before next year. I found out the TSC is really plastic windows you can't shoot through so I don’t see much point in that although in very bad weather it could be OK for deer hunging if you can get the window open to shoot. Anyway, it is a good blind and has some nice features and will be great to hunt with the wife or take the kids out in. It will fit two nicely so I will keep it.

I never intended to use it for waterfowl but the other day I was turkey hunting with it and was messing around and realized that if you put both poles in the same pockets in stead of an X and keep the zipper that goes over the top open it would make a great crow or waterfowl blind. It gives you a good split opening to pop out of and shoot. Two standing up to shoot may not be perfect but I plan to try it for crows when the season opens up in Aug. and see how it works. The other option is to have one hunter use one of the side windows to shoot out and one shoots out the top. With the mesh nets on the side windows it would be great for watching the birds work. It has stubble straps and with the shadow grass side I think it could work good for waterfowl hunting around ponds or in brushy areas near fields. It could even work OK in a field of round bails.

I don’t know about the other blinds they make but the reversible doghouse could be a good option for a nice all around blind for two.
More ammo! I need to shoot something!
thaner
hunter

Postby thaner » Mon May 01, 2006 9:11 pm

Ameristep now has a couple new blinds that are for waterfowl hunting including a one man. They also have the hay house and that's the round bale type.
More ammo! I need to shoot something!
thaner
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum