Customizing Layout Blind?

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck

Customizing Layout Blind?

Postby Harley Dave » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:02 am

Yesterday I won an Avery Finisher Layout Blind at a Ducks Unlimited event. Now I know about "mudding" the blind to cut the sheen. Since it's a khaki one I would like to do a little more before I mud it up. I'm wondering if anyone has done any camo paint work to khaki covered blinds before? Not thinking about trying to do a full-flegded camo job. Just thinking about adding some random areas of flat black, flat medium brown and maybe just a smidgen of a dirty pale yellow. Not alot of color maybe just enough to add some tones to areas that might show through the stubble. Thought is that it would help to break up the khaki color somewhat. Any suggestions on type of paint to use and will it stick to the material in the first place over the waterproofing?

Ducks Unlimited & Delta Waterfowl = Great things - Join or Renew!
Your life, liberty, and property are never safe when the Legislature is in session. M.Twain
Harley Dave
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum