Duck Hunting Forum banner

G P S

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Smackaduck 
#1 ·
I know weve had this topic before but they never really got a lot of interest. Im sure there are more than three people here who use a GPS. My only recent interest is due to the fact that on the way home from the lake saturday the interstate ate my GPS somwhere between the lake and my house. So now I am in the market for a new one and dont want one like I had cause it was rediculously complicated. I have heard good things about Garmin and that they were easy to use. I am leaning towards The GPSMap76C. Anyone who has a GPS that doesnt take a movie to operate and likes it please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Smack

#2 ·
I have the Rino 120 and 130 series, we use them for riding ATV's and hunting, because they can be set up to transmit the coordinates from unit to unit, so you will always know where your buddy is. It has a base map built in with restaurants, hotels, and other such businesses loaded as well. If these are features you don't need then and your wanting a simple GPS just to mark your hunting areas, an e-trex is as easy as they come, my 9-year-old had to have a GPS and she uses it with little to no problem.

#3 ·
Hey man, i got the e-trex legand C and love it, havn't used it that much yet cuz i just got it, but you don't need to DVD to use it, mostly just getting out and playing with it is how you learn. Downloading all the city state maps and other do dads that you want on there is the hardest part. I also like it cuz it small as a cell phone and is in color.

#5 ·
:welcome: to DHC NW. Thanks guys, I went with the one I had picked out and put a ram mount in the boat so we dont have this problem again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.