Sitka's new waterfowl camo

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Re: Sitka's new waterfowl camo

Postby Roque » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:15 pm

Matt,

I'm glad you chimed in on this post because I too feel as though the Sitka gear lineup is made with exceptional quality which is why I own a full line of Open Country for my big game hunting and now getting things together for my waterfowl addiction. I have been searching high and low for a listing on which pants your all's hunter is wearing in your ' Science of Nothing ' video on youtube. He's knee deep in water and has on some waders(?) with the Optifade Marsh camo. I'm very interested in finding this out so I can know what they are and where I can purchase them.

I've tossed my entire collection of camo that I've built up over the years and finally have a closet of the finest camo on the market which I know will not fail me. Personal encounters with game while wearing Sitka's Optifade Open Country on my hunting trips has made me a true believer.

Roque
Roque
Newb

Postby sernv99 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:22 pm

Anyone own or had tried on the Hudson Parka? If so, where does the jacket length fall? Right at the waistline? Just below the backside? The Pantanal looks to fall down to the thighs but if the Hudson is lonh enough to cover my skinny rear :tongue: I'll be good to go, length wise.
sernv99
hunter

Postby CrossHare » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:30 am

This is really awesome stuff and if I was in the middle of duck hunting territory I'd opt for it but being in NC we rarely have a duck sighting so investing thaat much money in duck hunting apparel would be the equivalent of buying a top fuel dragster to go to the mailbox on. :no:
Failure's hard, but success is far more dangerous. If you're successful at the wrong thing the mix of praise, money and opportunity can lock you in forever.
CrossHare
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:03 pm

Call'em N wrote:
Tipsntails7 wrote:I can't speak for recent quality because I havnt purchased anything from them in a while but their customer service for me is top notch, I blew out a leg zip in a pair of my rain pants during elk season last year. They next day aired me a brand new pair before they even got my pair I had sent, they said don't worry about it and good luck on the hunt. And I also met Matt recently at the Oregon waterfowl festival and he was nothing but top notch. Answered all my questions and even let me try on his own personal gear to see how it fit. For these reasons alone I will be buying sitka again. Are they expensive yes. But if you have the money it is money well spent. And I will always pay a little more for quality products backed up by quality people.

Tipsntails - Don't know your real name, but I truely appreciate the comments!

Also just to clarify some misnomers that have been stated: We at Sitka are NOT using "Cheaper" materials. We are actually using the Best Gore materilas available along with the best Marrino wool available. In regards to Customer Service..I would put ours up against everyone in the buisness!

Matt Brimmer
Sitka Athlete and Waterfowl Prostaff Director

Can I offer you some advice about your waterfowl balaclavas? Duck hunters do not have the concerns as deer hunters. They are not concerned about the scent from their breath spooking ducks. Duck hunters do have use for a hole at their mouth to blow a call while maintaining the balaclava pulled up onto the face to hide the glare from the cheeks and camo the face. :thumbsup:
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby redbeard44 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:02 pm

If you look at it up close the stuff looks really cheaply made and from the display's they had at Cabela's it's only a single thin layer system. Now i don't know what might be woven into it but to me it just seems like a cover layer. Besides that I don't understand how it's supposed to work considering they said it was developed looking through a birds eye. Now if a bird sees duck grass as duck grass, why in the hell would you cover yourself in a digital print of swirly circles and honeycomb dots rather then duck grass? Not to mention it's beyond expensive. With the money you saved not buying it you could build or buy a good enough blind to wear red sweatsuit in and never be seen... Just my opinion...
redbeard44
hunter

Postby Fowl Intentions » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:06 pm

As for the camo pattern: The marsh pattern with it's swirls confuses waterfowl. Birds are constantly scanning where they are about to land so this swirl kind of meshes into everything else. The Optifade has both a micro and a marco pattern, this helps break up the outline or profile of the user.
As for the Hudson Parka this will fit like a wading jacket. Just like the Delta or any wading jacket it is meant to be worn in the marsh while you are wading. The Hudson has a 130 gram built in vest of Primaloft for a bit more insulation. Gore Tex is GUARANTEED to keep you dry. If you have any problems just call Gore. Sitka has a top notch customer service and will do everything they can to help you out. You will be talking to a real person that lives in Bozeman, Montana. These are all selling points to help you choose the right gear.

Good luck out there.

cheers
erich
Fowl Intentions
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:09 pm

Fowl Intentions wrote:As for the camo pattern: The marsh pattern with it's swirls confuses waterfowl. Birds are constantly scanning where they are about to land so this swirl kind of meshes into everything else. The Optifade has both a micro and a marco pattern, this helps break up the outline or profile of the user.
As for the Hudson Parka this will fit like a wading jacket. Just like the Delta or any wading jacket it is meant to be worn in the marsh while you are wading. The Hudson has a 130 gram built in vest of Primaloft for a bit more insulation. Gore Tex is GUARANTEED to keep you dry. If you have any problems just call Gore. Sitka has a top notch customer service and will do everything they can to help you out. You will be talking to a real person that lives in Bozeman, Montana. These are all selling points to help you choose the right gear.

Good luck out there.

cheers
erich

How do you know this? Did you ask a duck?
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:07 pm

vincentpa wrote:
Fowl Intentions wrote:As for the camo pattern: The marsh pattern with it's swirls confuses waterfowl. Birds are constantly scanning where they are about to land so this swirl kind of meshes into everything else. The Optifade has both a micro and a marco pattern, this helps break up the outline or profile of the user.

Good luck out there.

cheers
erich

How do you know this? Did you ask a duck?

He is the duck whisperer
Lonely wives, dirty trucks , and happy dogs.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby greenheads7 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:53 am

Sitka is a fake they gore ripped that company from a up start local Cali boy. KUIU is the future.
greenheads7
Newb

Postby CrossHare » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:51 am

greenheads7 wrote: KUIU is the future.

If you say so :rolleyes: If their website is any indication of their apparel they're already digging themselves out of a hole. Just Sayin'
Failure's hard, but success is far more dangerous. If you're successful at the wrong thing the mix of praise, money and opportunity can lock you in forever.
CrossHare
hunter

Previous

Return to Hunting Gear Forum