layout blind

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

layout blind

Postby greeny1 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:01 pm

anyone have any insight or comments on a F A pro lander layout blind im considering buying one. thanks for any coments be they good or bad. :beer: :beer:
greeny1
hunter

Re: layout blind

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:40 pm

I would avoid final approach blinds. not nearly as durable as Cabela's or Rogers.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby tornadochaser » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:23 am

I've beat the snot out of my prolandr and it only has 2 rips, both came from packing it up in the tri-fold method with way too much stubble on it. I like that you can tri fold or fold in half. toss the door bars, they aren't needed. I love the profile, the blind doesn't cast shadows compared to full frame blinds like ground forces or finishers.
tornadochaser
hunter

Postby pete/pmr » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:35 am

I like mine and have had it for going on three years now and it is still working,no rips,and I also have two other blinds with frames and to tell you the truth,not a fan of the frames,they are bulky and a pain in the butt to transport and set up,and they require alot more stubbing,you have to build the sides up to blend in a field just to hide the profile,the pro landr is not even close,pretty simple!
2013 Season Totals

Canada Geese 105
Mallards 43
Woodies 31
Teal 16
widgeon 8
Blacks 11
Goldeneyes 25 "Take-em"
Buffleheads 4
Bluebills 1
snows 27
Band Count 5
pete/pmr
hunter

Postby greeny1 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:52 pm

pete/pmr wrote:I like mine and have had it for going on three years now and it is still working,no rips,and I also have two other blinds with frames and to tell you the truth,not a fan of the frames,they are bulky and a pain in the butt to transport and set up,and they require alot more stubbing,you have to build the sides up to blend in a field just to hide the profile,the pro landr is not even close,pretty simple!

great makes me feel good about the purchase now because wasnt sure about it, but it was like new used 2 days and not a speck of dirt inside or out looked just out of the box and for $75.00 seemed like a realy good deal so off to north dakota it is :thumbsup: cant come soon enough. :beer:
greeny1
hunter

Postby m.teeter » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:24 pm

I bought a Final Approach blind a couple years back. Took it back the next day before even hunting from it then bought a GHG Ground Force. Haven't found a thing about the GHG I don't like.
m.teeter
hunter

Postby ivanlambert » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:25 am

get the Cabela's Northern Flight Ultimate Layout Blind its the best one out there,
good to 10 inches of water is the best part you dont have to be throwing it in water to want that ther grass is always wet in the mornings and thats a nice feature. i have this one and the Ground Force Layout Blind and its not even close to as good
ivanlambert
hunter

Postby hunter1967 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:17 am

The only thing I would say about the pro-lander or x-lander blinds is that they are low profile, but what I don't like are the flaps. If you get a real windy day, sometimes they will just fly open, so you have to face them the right direction...I had an x-lander, but now I have a pro guide-eliminator..say what you want about it, but its roomy, warm,comfortable, and yes a little bulky. But I'd rather be comfortable and have all my gear inside the blind, than have to keep reaching out of the blind to get into my blind bag. I hunted out of a ghg ground force blind once. It killed my back...don't know why they put that cross bar where they did..most uncomfortable blind I've ever hunted out of. As far as hiding a bigger blind in the field, nothing about 5 minutes of kicking up corn stubble and throwing around it can't fix. Once you hunt out of a bigger layout blind, its hard to go back to a smaller one...especially when its really cold and windy. just my two cents...hahaha
hunter1967
hunter

Postby Henrycountykid » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:09 pm

x2 cabelas are great. I have the mobile 1 and its awsome.
2500hdon37s wrote:I would avoid final approach blinds. not nearly as durable as Cabela's or Rogers.
Henrycountykid
hunter

Postby labsnges » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:27 am

anyone know where to get parts for broken Avery layout blinds
labsnges
hunter

Postby dsm16428 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:23 pm

labsnges wrote:anyone know where to get parts for broken Avery layout blinds

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: I had a kid bend my door bar on one side and my head rest upright bars...within the warranty period and Sephen at avery number one, told me the headrest parts were not a "for sale" item and that the door bars were going to cost me over 20 bucks EACH plus shipping. Haven't purchased another avery product since. What part do you need to replace?
Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhoutte Decoy Pro-Staff.
N.O. Outdoors Guide Service, President and CEO. "You try harder so we don't have to."
Don't do anything you wouldn't want to admit to the paramedics after.
dsm16428
hunter

Postby slamdown11 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:48 pm

2500hdon37s wrote:I would avoid final approach blinds. not nearly as durable as Cabela's or Rogers.

x2
slamdown11
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum