Banded Gear

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Banded Gear

Postby poorfowler3 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:35 pm

Has anyone got any banded gear? I ordered a few things and it is taking them forever to get it shipped out. Just curious if you guys out there have bought any gear from these turkeys.
poorfowler3
hunter

Re: Banded Gear

Postby duckdozer » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:15 pm

I would burn it if I won it, there is no way you could associate me with anytihng that Choad Balding is associated with.
Aux Lake H Maxine NAVHDA NA Prize 2 103pts
Retrieves Season #1 ('13) 185
Season #2 ('14) 197
Season #3 ('15) 96
Mallyard wrote:LOL... Truck+Gas+Basic Knowledge of Waterfowl habits = chance at sucess!
duckdozer
hunter

Postby Oklahoma Greenhead » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:13 pm

Choad Balding.... get it.... get it....
"QUACK 'em, WHACK 'em, STACK 'em"

Mashin' Mallards since 1991
Oklahoma Greenhead
hunter

Postby GA_DrakeAssassin » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:13 pm

duckdozer wrote:I would burn it if I won it, there is no way you could associate me with anytihng that Choad Balding is associated with.

:lol: :lol:
GA_DrakeAssassin
hunter

Postby goodkarmarising » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:14 pm

duckdozer wrote:I would burn it if I won it, there is no way you could associate me with anytihng that Choad Balding is associated with.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Only number that matters, retrieves by the pup: 176
Cooper: 15
Proud owner of 2 non hunt trial/field trial fire breathers
goodkarmarising
hunter

Postby poorfowler3 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:35 pm

So I take it you guys have not ordered any gear. Dang I did not know belding was that big of a donkey. What is his deal anyways? Not to sure who he is really? Just started doing this duck thing and noticed some of the gear on cabelas website.
poorfowler3
hunter

Postby Rtyler4616 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:11 pm

He has his own show called the Fowl Life, and is a huge doucher, check out their clothing line and it'll pretty much tell you everything you need to know about him. It's basically affliction meets duck hunting. Sadly though, there must be a pretty decent target market for that style because banded keeps expanding.
"Call em in or Blow em Out"
-Jimbo
Rtyler4616
hunter

Postby jdr » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:54 pm

Affliction meets duck hunting...for all the bad ass duck hunters out there.
jdr
hunter

Postby Rtyler4616 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:03 pm

I'm not quite sure how Keith Allen got involved with Banded considering he seems like a polar opposite of Belding but I guess I can't blame a guy for finding a job that lets him do what he loves to do.
"Call em in or Blow em Out"
-Jimbo
Rtyler4616
hunter

Postby FOWLHAMMER » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:37 am

How about the Fly Way Highway and his Bradley Smoker? Did you ever have goose or duck out of a Bradley Smoker? Well tonight you guys are in for a treat because we are gonna have some goose out of my Bradley Smoker! What do you guys think about that? I mean seriously... What an advertising Whore! I watch the show to see some ducks and geese getting shot! Not to find out about every new sponser the show has! Its one 30 minute long commercial! Im totally disgusted with the way these shows are becoming!
Chootem Choootem! Bang Bang quack quack DEAD!!! God I love it!
FOWLHAMMER
hunter

Postby STEVE IN SOCAL » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:40 am

I call it the 'Flyway Buyway'...
When I used to advertise my products on TV the most sponsors would be 5...I think Fowl Life has 25.
STEVE IN SOCAL
hunter

Postby apexhunter » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:34 pm

Belding's niche is the generation X of duck hunters (it fits his immature personality) which is an oxymoron in itself. Not that there's anything wrong with the younger generation being interested in hunting but the personality and carefree attitude doesn't mix with firearms IMHO. I'm happy some younger people are keeping the traditions alive but you'd think he just won the lottery when he downs a single hen out of 25 ducks they manage to get into a spread with the whooping, hollering and high fiving going on as they pick up a lone duck.

The Flyway Highway guy is simply an idiot that somehow fell into a job of having his silly mug on TV promoting Flambeau, Bradley and Remington while attempting to shoot ducks. He must have a rich uncle that some producer of outdoors shows owes some serious money or favors to keep what is tied for first in "idiots gone hunting"...fowl Life and Flyway Highway share the honor as the worst whows ever. All you have to do is look at one of the first season shows with the idiot redneck hunting buddy to see where everybody is coming from.
"Shoot low boys...they're riding shetland ponies in search of true grit" Lewis Grizzard
apexhunter
hunter

Postby savage221 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:55 pm

The guy from the "Flyway Highway" is son or grandson of the guy that started Hodgmen waders; that's how he got the TV gig. I liked the first season of "Fowl Life" but it pretty much went down hill from there and I stopped watching mid way through the second season. Caught part of a episode this season and it was Belding playing baseball and yucking it up with his buddies. No thanks.
savage221
hunter

Postby Scott. » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:17 pm

Everyone is always hatin on Belding. I dont agree with his style, but obviously he is making money from it.The only duck hunting show I actually enjoy is RNT-V.
"Honorable scars are not to be penalized."
"There are two kinds of people in the world without beards. Women and boys. I am neither."
WOOOOO PIG SOOOOIEEE
Scott.
hunter

Postby rew » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:01 pm

i dont care for most of them either. but some reason i end up watching them. i do like the du tv show, its pretty good.
rew
hunter

Postby DUCK THUGS » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:43 pm

apexhunter wrote:Belding's niche is the generation X of duck hunters (it fits his immature personality) which is an oxymoron in itself. Not that there's anything wrong with the younger generation being interested in hunting but the personality and carefree attitude doesn't mix with firearms IMHO. I'm happy some younger people are keeping the traditions alive but you'd think he just won the lottery when he downs a single hen out of 25 ducks they manage to get into a spread with the whooping, hollering and high fiving going on as they pick up a lone duck.

The Flyway Highway guy is simply an idiot that somehow fell into a job of having his silly mug on TV promoting Flambeau, Bradley and Remington while attempting to shoot ducks. He must have a rich uncle that some producer of outdoors shows owes some serious money or favors to keep what is tied for first in "idiots gone hunting"...fowl Life and Flyway Highway share the honor as the worst whows ever. All you have to do is look at one of the first season shows with the idiot redneck hunting buddy to see where everybody is coming from.

Now I've watched both shows, met both guys.....I think Belding's approach is a bit immature for sure, and I'm not impressed with his products personally. But I'll say this, his approach is different than anything else out there, whether good or bad. I'll agree, I'm not a fan, but watch it when I've burned through the DVR of RNT and DU-TV classics. Craig on the Flyway Highway, lets be honest....if he had a rich uncle he's not hawking all those products for the whole show, or hawking USED trucks for LENZ Auto, which has some suspect vehicles on their huge lot. Nothing like a good show to explain why they setup how they do, why they're hunting where they are, and some good old fashioned call'n'kill shots. I think my favorite Belding show was one where they tried to get permission to hunt a farm but someone was already out there, made a stink of it on TV, then setup the next field over and ran traffic and he was tickled pink that they ruined the other person's hunt with statements about how they cut off all the birds and such. CHOAD BELDING is absolutely right.
DUCK THUGS
Newb

Postby DUCK THUGS » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:48 pm

And let's be honest, people are gonna hate on someone that's doing something that they themselves would love to do, but can't or aren't doing. Human nature. Fowl Life and Flyway Highway are two of the most annoying however, I'll agree.
DUCK THUGS
Newb

Postby Dmcmurtre » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:47 am

I order some products from this guy, I wish I never did. I should have know the products would suck based the the guys dumb behavior on his show. I ordered a t-shirt, marsh seat and shotgun belt. All the products took TWO months before they showed up, I guess they custom make them in sweat shops in china when you order them and then have them floated over on a super slow ship for it to take that long. The best part about it is my t-shirt showed up in a USED ice cream box, haha. And the shirt looks like someone made it at home, the product quality is poor to say the least for what I have seen and experienced. Save your money, by cabelas gear at least you know what your getting and you can take it back even if used within 90 days.
Dmcmurtre
hunter

Postby Legband#1 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:02 pm

I've never met this Chad Belding guy so I don't want to say anything negative about him.
But I've yet to speak to anyone that likes him .
I hunted with a banded pro-staffer and even he didn't have anything good to say.
Is there anybody out there that will speak up for him ?
Joe Hendrex
Hughson Waterfowl
Marsh Mutt Pro-Staff
G&H Decoy Pro-Staff
Legband#1
hunter

Postby Take em boys » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:20 pm

I have there shotgun case Dog vest and decoy gloves... I like it all so far guess im the goose in this crowd
"Waterfowl hunting, Its not something you preform halfway. You either try it and hate it, Or it gets in your blood and you cant live with out it.
-Zink crew
Take em boys
hunter

Postby Troutslayer » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:32 am

I didn't realize that this Choad guy existed when I bought a banded gear bag. It is a complete POS. I wrote such a scathing review of it on Cabela's page that they took it down. Makes me wonder just how manicured those customer reviews really are. Anyway, more duck hunting equipment junk made in China from the cheapest components.
Troutslayer
hunter

Postby Legband#1 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:26 pm

Troutslayer wrote:I didn't realize that this Choad guy existed when I bought a banded gear bag. It is a complete POS. I wrote such a scathing review of it on Cabela's page that they took it down. Makes me wonder just how manicured those customer reviews really are. Anyway, more duck hunting equipment junk made in China from the cheapest components.

Can you paste a copy of the review so it can be read here .
I would like to hear your critique of the bag.
Joe Hendrex
Hughson Waterfowl
Marsh Mutt Pro-Staff
G&H Decoy Pro-Staff
Legband#1
hunter

Postby 'JaminC'mon » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:37 am

DUCK THUGS wrote:
apexhunter wrote:Belding's niche is the generation X of duck hunters (it fits his immature personality) which is an oxymoron in itself. Not that there's anything wrong with the younger generation being interested in hunting but the personality and carefree attitude doesn't mix with firearms IMHO. I'm happy some younger people are keeping the traditions alive but you'd think he just won the lottery when he downs a single hen out of 25 ducks they manage to get into a spread with the whooping, hollering and high fiving going on as they pick up a lone duck.

Now I've watched both shows, met both guys.....I think Belding's approach is a bit immature for sure, and I'm not impressed with his products personally. But I'll say this, his approach is different than anything else out there, whether good or bad. I'll agree, I'm not a fan, but watch it when I've burned through the DVR of RNT and DU-TV classics. Craig on the Flyway Highway, lets be honest....if he had a rich uncle he's not hawking all those products for the whole show, or hawking USED trucks for LENZ Auto, which has some suspect vehicles on their huge lot. Nothing like a good show to explain why they setup how they do, why they're hunting where they are, and some good old fashioned call'n'kill shots. I think my favorite Belding show was one where they tried to get permission to hunt a farm but someone was already out there, made a stink of it on TV, then setup the next field over and ran traffic and he was tickled pink that they ruined the other person's hunt with statements about how they cut off all the birds and such. CHOAD BELDING is absolutely right.

That is reason enough to cancel his show. If a guy like that is promoting the sport in that manner he should be taken off TV. HE is the reason why there are jackazz hunters out there that take more pride in ruining someone else's hunt than having a successful hunt themselves or taking a youth out hunting. In the 2 shows of his I've watched his actions prove he's a major league douche. I understand there is some level of "acting" that goes on in these shows to pump up the products you promote, but to be hooting and hollering over dropping 1 hen mallard out of a large flock of ducks, as mentioned in another post, is just obscene. Most hunters would be pissed about shooting that poorly and the 1 duck you do get is a hen?? C'mon man.. But what would I know, I don't have my own TV show. :bow:
'JaminC'mon
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum