Good Deal on Gloves!

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Good Deal on Gloves!

Postby ks_waterfowler » Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:34 pm

I was at Cabelas in Kansas City Kansas, and picked up a pair of those fancy sealskin gloves for $20. Also had gortex gloves for $20. WIsh I had more money to buy those gloves with. THe sealskin gloves are awesome.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:50 pm

I was at a local sporting goods store yesterday. They had many decoys for 30 to 40 % off They had Avery "hot buy" decoy bags for $7 norm price is $13. I picked up 3 bags. 1 for me, a the other 2 for my local conservation chapter for banquets.

Word to the wise---buy your waterfowl stuff at the end of the season (my duck season just ended) and Save 20 to 40% off of retail prices, that is what I have done for years now. Stock up now on decoys and the such for next year :thumbsup:
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby AK Ducks » Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:32 pm

KS I've tried the sealskins gloves worked for a while, but after a few hunts they leaked and they stoped keeping my hands warm I would wouldn't recomend them :thumbsdown:
thanks to the men and woman of the United States Coast Guard- without them I would not be here.
AK Ducks
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:37 pm

My sealskinz have been on several hunts matter of fact I used them this morning. They don't keep the hands warm, but I bought them to be waterproof when putting out decoys then I switch to the ducksunlimited insulated gloves.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby donell67 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:57 pm

my sealskinz gloves leaked in short order too. if you wanna keep your hands warm and dry while setting dekes wingset.com has some awesome gloves only 26.50. on my second season with them now i think they will last a long time. best decoy setting gloves ive ever had . the sportinggoods store here stocks everything year around. so rarely is there a sale.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby macdaddy » Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:48 pm

Check out Hodgmans's outlet store on their website (ahh, Hodgman.com?). They have W.W. II camo neoprene gloves on sale for under $5.00 :smile: - but there's a $30.00 order limit. :thumbsdown:
I'm the guy your Mother Goose warned you about.
macdaddy
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum