Avery Killer Ghillie what a joke

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Avery Killer Ghillie what a joke

Postby noweil » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:27 pm

Who would make a layout blind cover and put bright orange netting on it? Put it on my blind and on the foot bag and doors there wasn't enough raffia on it to cover the orange netting. Called Avery about it and was less than impressed with customer service. They had no response to why they put orange netting on the cover but admitted that is how they are made. For $120.00 bucks what a joke. Thank goodness for good customer service from the retailer but I'm out $20.00 to ship the junk back.
CRP was responsible for 25.7 million additional ducks produced in the U.S. Prairie Pothole Region during 1992-2003.  Source DU.
noweil
hunter

Re: Avery Killer Ghillie what a joke

Postby Rick Hall » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:38 pm

What? Avery's selling something that doesn't live up to its promise? Who might have imagined...
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:52 pm

I've had a few Avery products and they were all junk. I think Avery and Drake must have the same quality control department.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:36 pm

go all natural on the layout cover, cheaper and looks better IMO
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby ebitzan » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:08 am

Avery junk...
You ain't gonna hit nothin unless you got steel in the air
"If it runs on water, It DIES!" ~ Tool-Man
Coot shooting pro-staff
Mallerd killing pro-staff
Kazoo blowing pro-staff
Skybusting pro-staff
Barrel sticker pro-staff
ebitzan
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks

Postby Tipsntails7 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:58 am

Rick Hall wrote:What? Avery's selling something that doesn't live up to its promise? Who might have imagined...

:thumbsup:
How's my spelling WTN10

ByersFarm wrote:Barrel stickers are about as cool as a handjob on your honeymoon?

DUCK-DAWG wrote:I would feel safer straddling a pool noodle than paddling along in that widowmaker.
Tipsntails7
hunter

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:54 pm

$120 will get you 25 pounds of raffia from J Sterns and you can die and make your own. You will be much happier with it also.
"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." my motto

There is nothing better than hunting with friends and then crackin' a couple of cold ones afterwards.
Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Dog Tired » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:09 pm

while i havent personally used jsterns, that probably a much better option base on the reading i've been doing.

avery and drake...made in china? nothing irks me more than seeing the word "china" while i'n duckin. ***? i could rant for hours... :mad:
Dog Tired
hunter

Postby dsm16428 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:59 pm

Where you been?! Under a rock?! :eek: Forums have been bitchin about those things since they came out with them over a year ago. Don't match the color they're supposed to,Don't fit ANY other blind other than the Avery blinds, though they are supposed to fit "most" door blinds, and then there's the balze orange netting some idiot at Avery approved to use in the things in the first place... :huh:
Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhoutte Decoy Pro-Staff.
N.O. Outdoors Guide Service, President and CEO. "You try harder so we don't have to."
Don't do anything you wouldn't want to admit to the paramedics after.
dsm16428
hunter

Postby noweil » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:06 pm

Obviously I didnt see the posts about them. The one I took out of the box had plenty of blaze orange netting showing once it was on the blind. Avery's customer service didn't have much to say when I called them about the orange netting.
CRP was responsible for 25.7 million additional ducks produced in the U.S. Prairie Pothole Region during 1992-2003.  Source DU.
noweil
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:50 am

My Avery Ghillie jacket doesn't have orange netting. When wearing it in my grassed up Hybrid I've had ducks buzz my head and practically land on top of me. I had a problem yesterday. Twice my gun got hung up when I was mounting the gun. Unfortunately they were my only two opportunities.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:37 pm

I will admit that the netting is kind of a goofy color, but if a bird can see that from the air and gets out of your spread you are doing something way wrong. I always throw a little natural veg on mine just to give it a more realistic look anyway. Not being a jerk here, but what did you expect the folks at CS to do for you?
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby noweil » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:54 pm

SPatrick wrote:I will admit that the netting is kind of a goofy color, but if a bird can see that from the air and gets out of your spread you are doing something way wrong. I always throw a little natural veg on mine just to give it a more realistic look anyway. Not being a jerk here, but what did you expect the folks at CS to do for you?

I guess the first thing I would expect is for Avery not to market a POS blind cover with blaze orange netting on it. The cover I bought had spots of orange netting on it showing as big as your hand. You go ahead and be happy with your cover. For $120.00 I expect better. I'm sure you are just a better hunter and I'm doing something wrong, but I'm not hunting with that junk on my blind. I expected customer service to provide a ghillie cover without big patches of orange netting showing. Even the retailer commented on how there was not enough raffia on the cover. A good customer service rep would have replaced it. Instead he stuck his retailer with making it right. Very poor customer service.
noweil
hunter

Postby Bull Island Boy » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:36 pm

noweil wrote:
SPatrick wrote:I will admit that the netting is kind of a goofy color, but if a bird can see that from the air and gets out of your spread you are doing something way wrong. I always throw a little natural veg on mine just to give it a more realistic look anyway. Not being a jerk here, but what did you expect the folks at CS to do for you?

I guess the first thing I would expect is for Avery not to market a POS blind cover with blaze orange netting on it. The cover I bought had spots of orange netting on it showing as big as your hand. You go ahead and be happy with your cover. For $120.00 I expect better. I'm sure you are just a better hunter and I'm doing something wrong, but I'm not hunting with that junk on my blind. I expected customer service to provide a ghillie cover without big patches of orange netting showing. Even the retailer commented on how there was not enough raffia on the cover. A good customer service rep would have replaced it. Instead he stuck his retailer with making it right. Very poor customer service.

Couldnt you have just spaypainted it green or brown?
BULL ISLAND HUNT CLUB
Bull Island Boy
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum