Stika Pantanal Parka

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Stika Pantanal Parka

Postby Phild » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:48 pm

Hey all just wondering if anyone is toting around any of the Stika Gear? I have been thinking on a new waterfowl jacket and was thinking about the Stika Pantanal. I think it is their warmest parka but wondering if it would be just too warm in anything other than 0 to - degree Celsius temps? I thought about a two part system but not really wanting to shell out $800

Thanks
Phil
Phild
hunter

Re: Stika Pantanal Parka

Postby Garand » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:49 am

Really another Sitka question??

There are 4 other threads on the first page about sitka!

Try this button!

Garand
hunter

Postby Phild » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:07 am

Edited due to the graphic content and having second thoughts about how to respond to being told how to use a search button!

Phil
Last edited by Phild on Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phild
hunter

Postby Tipsntails7 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:27 am

Alright then. Anyway the pantanal is their only parka, the other two are considered wading jackets even though they go to the belt line. The Hudson has a sewn in vest that's got primaloft in it. This Is the warmest jacket they make. The parka has more of a grid fleece pattern in it and the delta is just a shell. The fleece in the parka is really not much insulation at all and would go well with a sweatshirt or drake mst jacket something of that nature for anything in the double digits. It also does no have a winblocker in it if I remember correctly. It's really just a preference I hunt from upper Washington down to the valley in sac so I went with the shell for pure versatility. Now I'm not a real big parka fan, and it goes down to around the mid thigh for me, im 6'2 and an xl. If the wading jacket would have come with the fleece backing I probably would have got it.
Also mak sure you try it on, their sizes are interesting to say the least.
Now moving on sitka is very very expensive compared to anything else, but how you spend your money is no concern of mine. I buy sitka because I have had great dealings with them in the past. The customer service that I have received is second to none and I will always be willin to pay more for a quality product that is backed by quality people.
How's my spelling WTN10

ByersFarm wrote:Barrel stickers are about as cool as a handjob on your honeymoon?

DUCK-DAWG wrote:I would feel safer straddling a pool noodle than paddling along in that widowmaker.
Tipsntails7
hunter

Postby Phild » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:48 am

Tipsntails7 wrote:A Now I'm not a real big parka fan, and it goes down to around the mid thigh for me, im 6'2 and an xl.

That alone may be the one bit of information that be the deciding factor, I was thinking it was a just below the waist style I am not looking for something that long.

Thank you,
Phil
Phild
hunter

Postby sernv99 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:08 pm

Garand wrote:Really another Sitka question??

There are 4 other threads on the first page about sitka!

Try this button!

yeah, that does a lot of good there genius.....he is asking about a specific jacket from Sitka, not Sitka in general. Maybe you should had typed in Pantanal into the search box yourself, dum da-dum dum dummmmmm :lame:
sernv99
hunter

Postby sernv99 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:13 pm

Tipsntails7 wrote:Alright then. Anyway the pantanal is their only parka, the other two are considered wading jackets even though they go to the belt line. The Hudson has a sewn in vest that's got primaloft in it. This Is the warmest jacket they make. The parka has more of a grid fleece pattern in it and the delta is just a shell. The fleece in the parka is really not much insulation at all and would go well with a sweatshirt or drake mst jacket something of that nature for anything in the double digits. It also does no have a winblocker in it if I remember correctly. It's really just a preference I hunt from upper Washington down to the valley in sac so I went with the shell for pure versatility. Now I'm not a real big parka fan, and it goes down to around the mid thigh for me, im 6'2 and an xl. If the wading jacket would have come with the fleece backing I probably would have got it.
Also mak sure you try it on, their sizes are interesting to say the least.
Now moving on sitka is very very expensive compared to anything else, but how you spend your money is no concern of mine. I buy sitka because I have had great dealings with them in the past. The customer service that I have received is second to none and I will always be willin to pay more for a quality product that is backed by quality people.

I thought the Hudson jacket sat below the waistline. From the Sitka Hudson jacket ads, it looks like it goes down below the crotch. Or are they modeling the Pantanal jacket? Or is the guy just really short, wearing the Hudson? :lol3:

http://www.sitkagear.com/videos/?id=4Sf ... KLhWoW5f9A
sernv99
hunter

Postby Garand » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:25 am

sernv99 wrote:yeah, that does a lot of good there genius.....he is asking about a specific jacket from Sitka, not Sitka in general. Maybe you should had typed in Pantanal into the search box yourself, dum da-dum dum dummmmmm :lame:

My bad.. I guess when I read his first sentence "Hey all just wondering if anyone is toting around any of the Stika Gear?" I assumed he was asking about general sitka impressions....

Garand
hunter

Postby Phild » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:40 am

Garand wrote:
sernv99 wrote:yeah, that does a lot of good there genius.....he is asking about a specific jacket from Sitka, not Sitka in general. Maybe you should had typed in Pantanal into the search box yourself, dum da-dum dum dummmmmm :lame:

My bad.. I guess when I read his first sentence "Hey all just wondering if anyone is toting around any of the Stika Gear?" I assumed he was asking about general sitka impressions....

No worries I am glad that I removed the rant I posted LOL, I had a "moment" thanks for all the input guys. I talked to a dealer and the pantanal is a longer parka the benifit of it excluding the length is the insulation it is a flece 130g lined jacket. Meaning that this jacket would be great for and "all season" jacket not too warm for early season and warm enough with a second later for the - temps.

The hudson and delta are wading jackets the delta being just a gortex outershell with no insulation and the Hudson being their full insulated wading jacket meant to be worn with waders but is a heavier insulation. So this would not be a good choice for a jacket that would be worn early season. So unfortunatly Stika does not make the jacket I was looking for. As an alternative I did see tha Baretta makes an Extreme Ducker which is a 2-1 wading jacket with a gortex outer and a second seperate inner base layer that zips in.

http://www.berettausa.com/products/beretta-xtreme-ducker-2-in-1-waterproof-jacket/

Thanks again
Phil
Phild
hunter

Postby Garand » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:02 am

That Delta sounds like the winner to me.

I currently wear an uninsulated hardshell jacket and layer whatever I need under it based on the weather. I don't see myself going back to a 3 in 1 or other insulated parka ever again.

Now If I could ever find a blowout sale on a delta jacket I might have to pick one up!
Garand
hunter

Postby Phild » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:00 pm

Ha no blow out sales on Stika that's for sure but I found the Beretta one for just over $300
Phild
hunter

Postby buckmeister » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:02 pm

PHild I found the berreta 2 n 1 extreme ducker hunting jacket on e-bay for $299.00 it looks like a lot better deal than the sitka gear. I really like the optifade marsh pattern. I bought the sitka gear marsh windstopper beanie hat for when I am sitting in marsh grass hunting.
"Give me liberty or give me death"
buckmeister
hunter

Postby idapappy » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:02 am

Woods and water in Tuscaloosa has sitka 40% off. I just picked up the hudson for 240.00
idapappy
hunter

Postby Idaho Mike » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:44 am

Phild wrote:Ha no blow out sales on Stika that's for sure but I found the Beretta one for just over $300

All Sitka is 20% off now. :thumbsup:
Idaho Mike
hunter

Postby Idaho Mike » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:45 am

idapappy wrote:Woods and water in Tuscaloosa has sitka 40% off. I just picked up the hudson for 240.00

That's even a better deal :thumbsup:
Idaho Mike
hunter

Postby sim559 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:04 am

idapappy wrote:
Woods and water in Tuscaloosa has sitka 40% off. I just picked up the hudson for 240.00
buy every last one at that price wait till they are all sold out then sell them on ebay
The Pantanal features light insulation not 130 g/m2
the hudson jacke has Primaloft® Sport 130 g/m2 insulation this is the warmest one
sim559
DHC Sponsor

Postby sim559 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:09 am

idapappy wrote:Woods and water in Tuscaloosa has sitka 40% off. I just picked up the hudson for 240.00

Ok did you buy over the phone or off the web site?
as the site says 399.00
have you received it?
sim559
DHC Sponsor

Postby Wnykahrman » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:35 am

I have the delta wading jacket,the duck oven,the pantanal bibs,and traverse top and bottom it's very well rounded gear is it better than everything else prolly not. It does work for me it keeps me warm and dry and that's all I ask for. It's worth a shot and to boot benelli is dipping there super Vinci in optifade marsh
Wnykahrman
hunter

Postby idapappy » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:40 am

I was passing through and stopped by. Its a super nice store you could spend hours in. Also they had all insulated clothing 40% off. My buddy got a pair of drake decoy gloves for around 50.00.
idapappy
hunter

Postby Fordsuper » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:46 am

I just called woods n water and got the 240$ deal for the Hudson over the phone. Glad i didnt buy the 20% jacket the other night!
Fordsuper
hunter

Postby idapappy » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:38 pm

They probably wont last long now. They owe me a cut for passing the word.
idapappy
hunter

Postby sim559 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:57 pm

At that price they may not last that long. No cut nothing left on the profit side.
Did you pay the shipping?
sim559
DHC Sponsor

Postby idapappy » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:26 pm

I went in the store as i was passing through
idapappy
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum