Duck Hunting Forum banner

What's a must have?

4K views 33 replies 27 participants last post by  okduckdude 
#1 ·
Seeing what y'all must have for a good morning duck hunt!

#12 ·
One can "make do" without TP. But around here there are little to no broadleafs, that leaves either a t-shirt cut up or the plastic bag in which I carry my license and cell phone. Guess which one leaves the "peanut butter in celery" feel.... :lol:

#17 ·
i always keep a spool of decoy line with me in case i need to replace decoy lines or to tie sumthin back and a good pocket knife and duck tape always stay in my blind bag.

#18 ·
Up here I take a small LP heater mainly used ta dry yer hands or even the dog after gettin wet when's there's ice on te water. I also like ta carry different hats. Ball cap fer the enclosed blind, a winter hat fer drivin the boat, and a boonie hat fer sittin on the shore ta block weary eyes

#21 ·
Some great answers here and I'll repeat a few:
- Headlamp (Petzl Tikka XP is my current favorite, bright with red lamp too)
- Thermos full of coffee (Nissan bullet thermos is my choice, keeps things hot all day and is compact)
- Zippo hand warmer and a hand muff
- TP and/or babywipes
- Duct tape
- Swiss army knife / multitool
- a snack
- hat (filson waterfowl) and gloves (many styles, none of which are perfect)
- stool
- extra dry clothes in the truck
- A great dog
- Motion in the spread (man-made, or natural)

#22 ·
Jerk String, my favorite Ducklander Call, and an extra pair of warm gloves is always in the bag even though I only wear gloves for hand cover but when the hands get cold 35 years of duckin catches up and I have to have some good warm gloves for backup.

#25 ·
super90 said:
Some great answers here and I'll repeat a few:
- Headlamp (Petzl Tikka XP is my current favorite, bright with red lamp too)
- Thermos full of coffee (Nissan bullet thermos is my choice, keeps things hot all day and is compact)
- Zippo hand warmer and a hand muff
- TP and/or babywipes
- Duct tape
- Swiss army knife / multitool
- a snack
- hat (filson waterfowl) and gloves (many styles, none of which are perfect)
- stool
- extra dry clothes in the truck
- A great dog
- Motion in the spread (man-made, or natural
Agreed. Plus the lanyard full of RNTs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.