Rubber boots

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Rubber boots

Postby supr87gt » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:20 pm

Alright guys, Im in the market for a new pair of insulated rubber boots. I am coming off of a set of the Cabela's comfort-trac's. For the price, they work well. They always kept my feet warm and dry. The problem I have with them, is they dont last. Both boots cracked around my achilles. Anyone have any input on a warm boot that lasts? Any experience with Under Armour, Drake, Muck, or Irish Setter boots? It gets cold here in Central, Illinois too so warmth is definately a factor.

Thanks
supr87gt
hunter

Re: Rubber boots

Postby Jarbo03 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:22 pm

I have had a pair of Boggs Classic 1000gr for a while now, no complaints, very warm, really like the neoprene boots.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Jarbo03
hunter

Postby Goolsbymd » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:47 pm

Of its over 40 and I wear my Muck Boots I need to put odorless deodorant on my feet to keep them from sweating buckets. However they are the most comfortable boots I have ever worn and there have been many (due to my job)
US Navy USS John F. Kennedy-USS Carl Vinson-NSSA. Machinist Mate
Rem M700 30.06
Benelli SBE2
Savage 220F
Goolsbymd
hunter

Postby duaney2 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:38 pm

Muck Woody Max are much lighter and more comfortable the the Cabela's mentioned. They are warm and will last you for many years.
duaney2
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:04 pm

i got a pair of Itasca rubber boots 1000g heavier than hell but they keep my feet really warm and so far they have held up well
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby BuckCreek » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:28 pm

I just got muck off a buddies recommendation they are fantastic!
BuckCreek
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:39 pm

Muck boots, I love them. comfortable, warm, durable, and they are light! I wear mine at work when its nasty. (I work at a cattle ranch) and they are comfortable enough to wear all day long, after I started wearing mine at work my boss tossed his Lacrosses and picked up some much boots.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
hunter

Postby archerykid13 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:52 pm

Muck boots are definitely the best cold weather rubber boot.
archerykid13
hunter

Postby Quack Wacker NC » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:40 pm

Muck is the way to go, had many of the other brands and mucks are really comfortable
Quack Wacker NC
Forum Moderator

Postby Bill Herian » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:51 pm

I like my mucks and if you are doing anything other than sitting, your feet are sweating.

After 4 years, they are starting to look pretty rough but thats how I treat them. I knicked my mucks with an ice auger with the trottle pinned the first time I wore them. After I picked the thinsulate out of my big toe and shoe-gooed them, they were good to go.

I had a pair of cabela rubbers do the same thing you said after one season. You should not have that problem with mucks.
Bill Herian
hunter

Postby MacAttack » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:15 pm

I have a pair of mucks, I love them but I do have one negative about them and it's a big one. Traction, make sure you get ones that have better traction than the stupid lines.
Muck_Fieldblazer_Mossy_Oak.png
Muck_Fieldblazer_Mossy_Oak.png (27.75 KiB) Viewed 786 times
MacAttack
hunter

Postby NCSUhunter » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:38 pm

Been really happy with my pair of Muck boots so far, have alot of friends who also wear them. Really comfortable just remember to buy them loose.
NCSUhunter
hunter

Postby redbeard44 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:54 pm

I got the Muck boots woody sport addition at Basspro. They have great traction on the bottom, their really comfortable and they breath really well too. Only thing i will add is be careful to remember you're not wearing waiters (because they fit just like them, at least mine do). I walked into a pond and kept going having forgot this and by the time i realized it at my knees, I damn near lost em'. lol
redbeard44
hunter

Postby duckhunter175 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:30 pm

Muck vs Irish Setter is like comparing a metal folding chair to your favorite lazy boy.

Mucks are box like, designed to fit through whole sizes only and conform to the largest number of foot 'types'. Put on a muck (of any variety) and then put on the Irish Setter Rutmaster 800gr.

The flexibility is unmatched as is the fit. Like a glove- I put on my thick hunting socks and there was just enough air pocket to know the cold won't come straight it, but around the foot and ankle it was just tight enough to let you know you have stability, traction and that it won't slip off in any mud.

Never going back to anything else... except when its warm and I'll bust out my LL Bean, 10" uninsulated bean boots... cant beat the ability to feel exactly whats under foot when you are stalking around.
duckhunter175
hunter

Postby billsarima » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:48 pm

The neoprene boggs were great but I got them before they added the rubber boot portion and all the fabric came loose so when I replaced them I got a pair of the Irish setter rutmasters. I'm hooked Irish setters from now on!!!! :thumbsup:
Don't say a word about my dog being fat other wise you can fetch your own duck!!!
billsarima
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum