First Layout Blind

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck

First Layout Blind

Postby Jeremy.zinn » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:43 pm

Hi all, new to the forums. Looking at getting my first layout blind, well my girlfriend will be purchasing for me for Christmas. I have always just used buddies' blinds in years past. Reckon this year i oughta get one. Any suggestions on what I should be asking for? Looking at blinds around the $200 range. Thanks
Jeremy.zinn
hunter

Re: First Layout Blind

Postby coruptone » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:43 pm

the blind that your buddies have if its comfy and roomy i would go with that. I have 2 F.A S.U.B that are 3 years old and i love them. if your still not sure go to your local sporting goods store and have them set the blinds on the floor,and climb on in. also look at how they have to be set up in the feild,,, in the dark with cold hands :lol3:
coruptone
hunter

Postby apg36820 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:55 pm

your in Kansas City the answer is simple. get on 35 highway and head to rogers sporting goods in liberty. check out their goosebuster line of layout blinds. they have the goose buster package on sale right now for 179.99 . the kit includes the goosebuster blind a free snow cover and a pack of rafia grass. i have this blind and i can tell you its worth every penny it has kept me comfy and cozy all season long. here is a link to their flyer incase you need anything else.
http://rogerssportinggoods.com/download ... -flyer.pdf

p.s. the springboard attachment that they have is A VERY nice little addition for 40 bucks that helps to get you out of your blind quickly and makes it even more comfortable to lay in all day.
apg36820
hunter

Postby Nomad82 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:58 am

X2 on the Goose Buster. Rogers has it at a great price and is basiclly the same blind as the Cabelas Ultimate. You won't go wrong with it and still be at or under the 200 bones mark.
Nomad82
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:57 pm

Cabela's elite or ultimate. very tough and durable blinds. not too big so they're easier to hide than some, and very comfortable and roomy.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Return to Hunting Gear Forum