Low budget blind

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Low budget blind

Postby Utter chaos » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:13 pm

My pocket book is running low sence this is my first year of seriously hunting an ive got 3doz duck decoys 1/2 dozen goose decoys dog vest waders jacket blind beg etc etc an have ben trying to buy high end products well i need a layout blind now an dont know if i should just buy a higher end on if so what are some good modles or if i can get a cgeaper ine that is nice an will hold up if so once again what modle
Utter chaos
hunter

Re: Low budget blind

Postby 2500hdon37s » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:12 pm

save up if you have to. The only blind i'd consider buying would be a Cabela's elite or ultimate, or a Roger's toughman.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby rebelp74 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:42 pm

Check out the classifieds forum people are selling them all the time. However I agree with the Cabelas Elite never seen or used a Rogers but their other products are good.
Indaswamp wrote:
jaysweet3 wrote:Looks a little small.

Dat's what She said....

Underradar wrote:We, the unsigned members of the HH, are not allowed to address such questions. But thank you for asking.
rebelp74
hunter

Postby cONG » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:16 pm

I like my power hunter it low profile and you can move your head. I would mind getting a GHG Ground Force, I like the back back carry and ecc you can buy for the blind.
cONG
hunter

Postby VAgooser » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:21 pm

2500hdon37s wrote:save up if you have to. The only blind i'd consider buying would be a Cabela's elite or ultimate, or a Roger's toughman.

I second rogers' blind.
They make quality gear at reasonable prices! plus theyre shipping is extremely fast haha.
VAgooser
hunter

Postby dakotashooter2 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:35 pm

If your life this far has been laying on your back in a field any blind is going to seem like a vast improvement. It can be somewhat of a personal choice. Some people have issues with certain blinds others don't.
dakotashooter2
hunter

Postby Fatback » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:29 pm

Rogers 89$ blind...... 10 second its up, and it weighs nothing. No frills kinda of blind, so it doesn't have cup holders/ heated spring loaded seats but you don't really care about that if your hammering birds, which you'll probably do cause you'll have more time to brush it up.
Saying things taste "gamey" is a sign of poor taste
Fatback
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:38 pm

VAgooser wrote:
2500hdon37s wrote:save up if you have to. The only blind i'd consider buying would be a Cabela's elite or ultimate, or a Roger's toughman.

I second rogers' blind.
They make quality gear at reasonable prices! plus theyre shipping is extremely fast haha.

I will second the fast shipping! I live 2 hours from them and most times my orders are here the next day.

2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby 18javelin » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:50 am

http://www.explorebeavertail.com/sniperblind.html

Here is one i have cheap and the LOWEST PROFILE blind you can buy, no frame. We could hide in cut beans in canada with half the effort of other blinds. Not as comfortable but gets the job done.

The only time i layout hunt is in Canada, while there 3 guides said they were buying these for clients as they hide easier and flare less.
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
18javelin
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:57 pm

18javelin wrote:http://www.explorebeavertail.com/sniperblind.html

Here is one i have cheap and the LOWEST PROFILE blind you can buy, no frame. We could hide in cut beans in canada with half the effort of other blinds. Not as comfortable but gets the job done.

The only time i layout hunt is in Canada, while there 3 guides said they were buying these for clients as they hide easier and flare less.

roger's has the LP blind that is about the same thing for $90.

my little bro has the Rogers LP and it does hide very easy but its a tad smaller and not ment for being the most comfortable.

2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby duckhuntingchat.com » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:28 pm

2500hdon37s wrote:my little bro has the Rogers LP and it does hide very easy but its a tad smaller and not ment for being the most comfortable.

I picked up a couple LP's for hunting in pea fields/short stubble. Very low profile. But ya, not meant for long hunts comfort-wise.
duckhuntingchat.com
Site Admin

Postby Wobbling Wings Waterfowling » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:55 am

My dad and friends use GHG groundforces. I hate them. They are so high that its extrmely hard to get hidden. Yes they are very comftorable but thats not what were out there for. I personally own a powerhunter and they are faily low profile. But im looking for something even lower to switch to. What is the lowest profile blind they make? Again idc about confort. Most of the farmers here cut there fields LOW so i need it!
Wobbling Wings Waterfowling
hunter

Postby Chris6418 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:38 am

Utter chaos wrote:My pocket book is running low sence this is my first year of seriously hunting an ive got 3doz duck decoys 1/2 dozen goose decoys dog vest waders jacket blind beg etc etc an have ben trying to buy high end products well i need a layout blind now an dont know if i should just buy a higher end on if so what are some good modles or if i can get a cgeaper ine that is nice an will hold up if so once again what modle

I kind of in the same boat you are. With the holidays approaching and my wallet containing very little, we'eve been improvising until I can afford to purchase a nice one (no need to take short cuts, itll bite you in the end). This past weekend, me and a couple buddies grabbed some old beach lounge chairs and used them as our supoort. After that, simply just draped some burlap over us and a little cover. Work pretty well, extremely comfortable the entire hunt, and the ducks didnt seem to mind it too much. shot 24 ring necks
Chris6418
hunter

Postby WIDrakeKiller » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:25 am

GHG Ground Forces hide great. I use an Avery Finisher which is hard to hide but we hunt fencelines most of the time. Avery makes great layout blinds too. If the power hunter is low enough for u ur gonna need to really do some searching. Also Avery KW-1 or the Field Khaki color just disappears with less stubble than a blind using Max-4 camo IMO.
WIDrakeKiller
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum