Portable Duck Blind

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Portable Duck Blind

Postby redbeard44 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:52 pm

Hey guys, I just found this site, seems pretty cool. Lots of good info on here, just thought I'd put a post up showing some of my new setup for this year. Let me know what you guys think.
Attachments
duck blind 1.jpg
In the field 2
duck blind 2.jpg
In the field 1
Pic_1024_011.jpg
Trial run in backyard..
Pic_1022_008.jpg
Painted with fence wire attached, camo burlap also being put on. The burlap is a three layer system with one side camo(facing out), then brown tarp to block wind, and on the inside just regular brown burlap again.
Pic_1020_006.jpg
Base frame of blind. 1" pvc pipe. Sections are glued for easy assembely.
redbeard44
hunter

Re: Portable Duck Blind

Postby billsarima » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:54 pm

Nice setup good job!!!!! :thumbsup:
Don't say a word about my dog being fat other wise you can fetch your own duck!!!
billsarima
hunter

Postby hahnm01@yahoo.com » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:39 pm

what did that setup cost you?
hahnm01@yahoo.com
hunter

Postby redbeard44 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:21 pm

Thank you billsarima. And as for the cost hahnm01 I'd say it ended up somewhere between $250 and $300, don't have an exact total though. It's the first pre-built one I've ever done, we usually just make one in the field but we got tired of other people messing them up since we hunt public property (hence the reason it had to be portable..). Me and my brother were debating to get layouts but the good ones run that much just for one, so we decided to split it and build our own, plus it will hold 3 people instead of one. The only issue I will say with it, is that it is fairly large and needs some sort of treelinage behind it to block the roof, other than that I will say it comes in pretty handy (with the exception of hauling it out there amongst our other gear lol).
redbeard44
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum