Drake Wader Jacket

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Drake Wader Jacket

Postby carolinaduckclub » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:50 pm

Are those drake gear jackets for under your waders any good?
carolinaduckclub
hunter

Re: Drake Wader Jacket

Postby rebelp74 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:34 am

Not if its raining the top is water proof but the bottom aint and the water will find its way down unless you have a waterproof vest on over it It's the same thing with the under armour skysweeper hoodie but under armour is way better quality I had the drake and bought the LST down vest to wear over it then the seams started coming unstitched so I got the under armour have had for 2 years no problems unless it raing and you don't have a vest. drake is scam the products are made in china and don't last from my experience.
Indaswamp wrote:
jaysweet3 wrote:Looks a little small.

Dat's what She said....

Underradar wrote:We, the unsigned members of the HH, are not allowed to address such questions. But thank you for asking.
rebelp74
hunter

Postby carsonsig » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:52 pm

I like mine. It isn't a rain coat. But if it is just spitty and wet.... That top part being water repellent is real nice. Obviously if it rains it will just run down your front and back. But fornjustna little mist that would otherwise soak your fleece etc.... It's nice. Check their sale page!!
carsonsig
hunter

Postby BroMan » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:37 am

I love my drake wader jacket, but the top half has insulation but the bottom half does not. If your waders already have good insuation this is the jacket for you.
BroMan
hunter

Postby Chris6418 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:05 pm

I've never understood the bashing of Drake products. Maybe because they're so common now-a-days? Idk. Anyways, I have the 3 n 1 wader jacket and I absolutely love it. Word it this past Sunday with a mist to drizzle rain throughout the hunt. Stayed completely dry (my shirt under the jacket was spotless). I've had this jacket this entire season and I have yet to had a complaint about it.
Chris6418
hunter

Postby gatogordo » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:16 pm

I have the LST Eqwader 3 n 1 plus 2. I can't wear the liner and shell together. Too bulky. But I layer well and the shell is enough. I hunted the other day with in a steady rain for about 30 minutes and a 10 minute walk out and the jacket I wear underneath was dry. I'm also not sure what all the Drake bashing is about. I also have the waterproof cap. Love it. Not sure what it would do in a down pour, but the top of my head stays dry.
gatogordo
hunter

Postby blackrhino » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:00 pm

I'd look at the Under Armour Sky Sweeper Extreme. Mine is warm..almost too warm for Florida. But it came in handy last week when it was in the 20's. Fpund mine on sale for $139.
Duck'n ain't easy!
blackrhino
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum