Jacket Suggestions

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Re: Jacket Suggestions

Postby Rick Hall » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:13 pm

mel-lyn wrote:Thanks for the info Rick, I just ordered a Helly Hansen jacket off the website for less than $60 shipped. For that price if its no count, it will make a good console cover
Dennis

Where did you find it that cheap? I may just order a third.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby mel-lyn » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:43 pm

Well cancel that last post. Online said they were in stock, but got a phone call today saying they are out and they are discontinued and won't be getting more. Damn, guess ill have to go back to the drawing board. Was really looking forward to it
mel-lyn
hunter

Postby rebelp74 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:12 pm

Cabelas or under armour if you don't like columbia. Any of those 3 and you can't go wrong.
Indaswamp wrote:
jaysweet3 wrote:Looks a little small.

Dat's what She said....

Underradar wrote:We, the unsigned members of the HH, are not allowed to address such questions. But thank you for asking.
rebelp74
hunter

Jacket Suggestions

Postby m.teeter » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:43 pm

Rivers West Eider jacket. Completely waterproof and windproof. Can't charge your phone or play video games with it but it'll keep your butt warm.
m.teeter
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:17 pm

I've a Rivers West Backcountry jacket that's the most waterproof so-called "breathable and waterproof" coat I've owned, but it dang sure ain't breathable and is, in fact, flat hot unless you're sitting pretty still on a cold day, and it's fleece exterior holds enough water to feel heavy when wet. Mighty comfortable, like an old sweat shirt, in the cold, but not a made for hikes in and such.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby duaney2 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:27 pm

Another vote for Cabela's Dri Plus Dri Fowl II. I take out the liner and wear a 1/4 zip Drake inside my waders. It breathes very well completely waterproof and allows total freedom of movement. On sale it was only $109.99 and had a $20.00 coupon so it was only $89.99. This is for the 2XL. I tried the XL on and they run small so I up-sized otherwise it would have been $20.00 cheaper. You can't beat this deal for a very good coat. Read reviews on Cabela's 4.8 out of 5 with 100's of reviews.
duaney2
hunter

Previous

Return to Hunting Gear Forum